LAVH 13 days post up...infection or did I do too much? Started chills and fever tonight | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

13 days post up...infection or did I do too much? Started chills and fever tonight 13 days post up...infection or did I do too much? Started chills and fever tonight

Unread 11-27-2012, 08:55 PM
13 days post up...infection or did I do too much? Started chills and fever tonight

Hi there, I started to feel more like myself yesterday. Today I felt ok all day but then tonight started feeling really cold, freezing in fact. Warm wraps and blankets didn't help. Just took my temp and its 99.5. I still get a little pain before moving my bowels everyday, but it's definitely improved and I still have some pressure when I pee. I occasionally notice some pink on the toilet paper but I think that's discharge, not from urine. My steri strips fell off today and I noticed the left side was a little bruised (yellowish purple) and to the right of the incision, there's a small line of hardness. It is not red or oozing at all. Has this happened to anyone, or do you think I could have an infection? I did have some fever for 4 days post op but it subsided until now. earlier today I did some light housework and cooked dinner and was in my feet for a while. I felt exhausted and had some minor pelvis pain so I stopped and then sat in the recliner. The chills followed about an hour later. Thanks for any feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Re: 13 days post up...infection or did I do too much? Started chills and fever tonigh

Watch your temperature to see if it changes but without it you're probably ok. I had this too and i thought I had the flew. In fact I had to get in the bed and turn on my heated mattress pad just to get warm. I think I was like that for 2 days then it just went away. I think it was hormonal for me. Hope you get better sister.
Unread 11-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Re: 13 days post up...infection or did I do too much? Started chills and fever tonigh

I was freezing for the first week after surgery. But definitely keep an eye on your temp!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2012, 10:40 AM

Thanks so much for responding. No fever this morning but went to doctor to get my incision checked as well as a urine test for UTI. Doc gave me antibiotics but I'm not taking them unless the test shows an infection or my temp goes up again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register