Do I need to have someone with me 24/7 after surgery? Hysterectomy TVH 9/24/15 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Do I need to have someone with me 24/7 after surgery? Hysterectomy TVH 9/24/15 Do I need to have someone with me 24/7 after surgery? Hysterectomy TVH 9/24/15

Unread 09-19-2015, 05:42 PM
Re: Do I need to have someone with me 24/7 after surgery? Hysterectomy TVH 9/24/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurprisedInNB View Post
You just want to get the "pre" stuff done so you can get to the "post" part, where it's all over with and you can relax!
Yes!! I have had 1 surgery before but it was to remove a cyst from my wrist. That was nothing compared to whats ahead of me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2015, 05:49 PM
Re: Do I need to have someone with me 24/7 after surgery? Hysterectomy TVH 9/24/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesue1965 View Post
Having my surgery Sept. 21. Thanks for all the wonderful advise about when I come home. I know I will be fine. Have my kids and family ready for help. You've all put my mind at ease. Thanks
Lots of hugs and well wishes for you on your journey. I will be right behind you.

Unread 09-19-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel68 View Post
Holy cow 9 months straight?? Ooooh noo! I couldn't even imagine doing that.
The other day I had to leave work because the bleeding was so bad I was going thru a extra super tampon every 15 min and blood clots were just falling out of me.There was blood everywhere. On the floor and all over my pants. It was terrible. Thank goodness we are a small office and my coworkers know whats going on (I work with 3 men lol) and are very helpful. All I could do was go home and lay on the couch and cry. Every time I stood up the clots would fall out again. Every month it gets worse. I can't wait for that "better quality of life" I keep hearing about.
Oh my heavens, I'm so glad this will be over for you soon. That is just terrible.
Unread 09-19-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriswife View Post
Oh my heavens, I'm so glad this will be over for you soon. That is just terrible.
Thank you!!
Unread 09-26-2015, 11:48 AM
Re: Do I need to have someone with me 24/7 after surgery? TVH 9/24/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel68 View Post
Thanks to you all for your responses!
I was told I will be in the hospital for 2 maybe 3 days. My date lands on a Thursday so my boyfriend took Thurs and Friday off to be with me. I should be home by Saturday with him with me then he will be flying out on Sunday evening for work. I think I should be ok enough by then to be by myself and have my family drop in and check on me from time to time in case i need anything from the store or whatever but then again I have never had a TVH w/bladder sling before so I really don't know. I just feel like it might be over kill to have someone there 24/7. I will feel like a pain in the you know what if anyone has to miss school/work to come sit with me. Oh yea....and I also have some stairs that I am going to have to tackle when I get home.
Hi Squirrel,
Hope the surgery went well and you are recovering well!
I had sling as well as other surgery and was limited to doing stairs once a day for first 2 weeks BUT every doctor is different in what they allow you to do post surgery. Check with them.
I would have been fine home alone, came home after 3 nights in hospital, was lovely to sleep in own bed.
Sounds like you are pretty organised , all the best,
Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register