Problems 5mth on! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Problems 5mth on! Problems 5mth on!

Unread 08-20-2005, 09:09 AM
Problems 5mth on!

First time visitor. Had my sub total hysterectomy 23rd March, advised to stay off work at least 10 -12 weeks. Seemed OK on return but now having problems, bleeding, heavy swollen tum, some pain. Anyone experience problems this far on? Doc has checked out for infection etc, smear, swabs, urine all clear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2005, 10:20 AM
Problems 5mth on!

I can't really help you much as i am only 1 week postop but just wanted to welcome you here. I am sure you will find lots of help and answers on this site. Just a few questions: Did you keep your ovaries or are you on HRT? I have heard sometimes HRT, especially estrogen, can cause some bloating and pain. Don't know about the bleeding though. Also, 10 to 12 weeks seems like a long time to be off work for a sub total hysterectomy. Were there complications or other health related circumstances with the hysterectomy? Just curious. Hope you get some answers!
Unread 08-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Problems 5mth on!

Welcome. I had a TAH/BSO April 20th and was out of work for 12 weeks. Have been working half days (6 hours) for a few weeks now and am working up to 12 hours sometime in September after my next checkup on 9/8. I have had fatigue. swelly belly, sore incision and pain when doctor does a pelvic exam which is why I am on light duty half days. It is alot better than it was but I am not 100% yet although I feel tons better than I did before surgery. It's just a different type of pain now and no periods! I am not taking HRT so have hotflashes/night sweats constantly. I did have muscle aches everywhere until I started taking a vitamin/suppliment from GNC called Menopause Vita Pak. It took away all my muscle aches. Is your bleeding like a period with a beginning and ending or is it constant? Is it brown or bright red? What did your doctor say about it? I hope your doc did a pelvic to see if anything is torn etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2005, 04:02 PM
Problems 5mth on!

Hi julie I had my total hysterectomy march the 18th and have just started having problems.I have been to the doctors and found out I have adhesions.My tummy was really sore put I also get stabbing pains and feel sick sometimes.Nice to see a fellow brit.Hope you are feeling better soon and let me know how you get on.Love dawnxx
Unread 08-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Problems 5mth on!

Hi Julie,
I had my surgery on March 25th ( got 6 weeks off work- then back full time.) I am still very sore and very swollen. My new doc checked for a hernia, and found nothing. He explained the surgery and how they open your abdomen up, and said that is why it hurts above and below the incision line. He told me he would send me for physical therapy if I still hurt after a year. I hope I don't have to live with this pain for another 7 months. I feel worse now than I did at two months post op. Fortunately I haven't have any bleeding since my 8th week. If I feel this badly in a few more months, I think I'll ask for an ultra sound to see if there is something going on. I don't think a pelvic exam can find everythig that might be wrong. I hope that time heals whatever is causing your problems.
Unread 08-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Problems 5mth on!

Hi there. Hysterectomy advised due to very large fibroids. Kept my ovaries so no need for HRT. Was also advised by doc to take 10-12 wk off and definitly needed it, sub total or total its still a major op abdominally. But as said by some other members feeling a bit worse now than at 10 wk. Have been referred back to gynae consultant now at the hospital who may do an ultrasound I guess to get to bottom of reason for bleeding.
Unread 08-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Problems 5mth on!

Hi there.
How did they find out you had adhesions? I have been referred back to cons now and hope they will do an ultra sound. If this bleeding continues though throough the rest of this week I wont wait for the referral I will just go straight to A&E. Its not constant but regular and alternates between very dark brown and bright red and I have mild period like pains. Like you I seem worse now, certainly worse than at 10 wk. I keep feeling sick too but not sure if its related. It could be down to eating too much as very low in mood!
Unread 08-24-2005, 04:20 PM
Problems 5mth on!

Last month I was still having pelvic and tummy pain so my doctor had 2 CT scans done (abdomen and pelvis). She wanted to see if I had adhesions. The pelvic CT scan showed a blood clot so had me use heating pad to try and dissolve it. She also had me lay down more. Then a couple weeks later I had an ultrasound which showed the clot gone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register