4-6 month sisters - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4-6 month sisters 4-6 month sisters

Unread 01-16-2006, 10:40 AM
4-6 month sisters

I hope you're right. Between the fatigue, the belly pain and the brain fuzzies, it has been a struggle getting back to normal. Or maybe I'm just expecting too much, too soon. It makes me feel so much better to know that I'm not the only one. It really has improved my outlook reading the posts here. I hope you get a little better every day. Thanks for thinking of me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2006, 12:04 PM
4-6 month sisters

Hi ladies...

Nice thread and nice to read what has been happening to all of you who were so supportive and kind to answer my incessant questioning prior to my own surgery and the others who were there in the trenches with me!!!

I'm almost 5 months post op. I'm getting there. Less and less fatigue. Can I get a hooo ahhhh?

Still cannot feel the urge to urinate. It just isn't there. I am told it may never be. I've decided to look at it as just a different reality. No, I don't get the normal 'urge' to urinate, but by golly, if I haven't gone in some time, I get this sick, panicky feeling. So...that is my new sense of urge.

I also opted NOT to do the adhesion surgery. The navel pulling is down to a dull roar, and if they crack me open to do the surgery, I could get even worse adhesions. No thank you. I just get a twinge when I pull to hard on things, so I try not to pull to hard on things!

Gonna be a grammy sometime the end of March of a litle boy. I am destined for boys. Two sons and now a grandson! Gonna quit work and keep him 3 days a week, so big life changes for me, but I think good life changes.

Positives this surgery has brought about for me:
1. I received a better quality of life, I can go and do as I want without fear of having to clean up a gusher.

2. This is for some of you, and you know who you are...I can wear my white pants, without any fears at all. No rinsing out.

3. No more transfusions or infusions.

4. No more pain.

5. Sex is awesome, no pain...and oooohhhh the gain.

I loved this update, and hope one of us remembers to do it again, down the road.

Happy 2006 to you all, our first post op year. Hope it brings us all good things.

~Karen
Unread 01-16-2006, 01:26 PM
4-6 month sisters

I haven't been on the site for awhile, but thank you for the 4-6 month thread. I had some good days as well as bad but so glad the pain is GONE. I still get tired after work, still numb around the incision, still get hot at certain times of the day , pass some foul gas ( don't get in the area) but I wouldn't trade the surgery for anything. My holidays were eventful. My mom came from North Carolina and announced she is getting married(dad passed away 8 years ago). My daughters(14 and 8) were elated. We even went to David's Bridal on a day set aside for not leaving the house. I am happy for her. I lost my best friend last week to breast, liver and lung cancer. She fought the fight with grace and dignity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2006, 01:45 PM
4-6 month sisters

Tracy,

So sorry to hear about your loss, my thoughts are with you.

To anybody who might know!!! I have a question, about adhesions (sp)after every meal, my stomach hurts so bad, I'm doubled over in pain, and crying, (needless to say, I'm not a fan of eating quite yet) then my stomach swells up like a balloon, and gets rock hard. Now, since my surgery I am having 5-9 "normal" bm's a day (a bit more than I'm use to!!!) so I know I'm not constipated, but I figure that after 4 months this should not feel this way. Anybody have any suggestions on what this could be? Also , what the heck is up with those shooting pains (different from my hot poker jabs from above post) that start at my scar and shoot all around my body?
Unread 01-16-2006, 02:53 PM
4-6 month sisters

harp 2- what were your symptoms when you found out about your hernia? how long post op were you at the time?
Unread 01-16-2006, 03:06 PM
4-6 month sisters

Hi Cabowoman,
To me, your symptoms sound like something else might be going on, beyond the normal healing process. I think you need to check it out. Does your doctor have any ideas?

I also had more bowel movements than usual for a while, but not as many as yours. I would say that at a month I was having 2-3, then at 2 months I was having 2. 5-9 sounds excessive. And the amount of pain you're in doesn't sound good to me either (and I'm sure it doesn't feel good!).

I was interested when I got my surgery report to find out that they basically reach in the incision and pull everything out, and then cut off the bad parts and shove everything back, so I had a little more sympathy for my unhappy insides when I realized how much they had been yanked out of place.

At this point, you might have better luck with a GI doctor instead of a gyno, considering your symptoms. I would make a log of things to tell him, such as how long after eating you have the pains, and whether it depends at all on what you eat. Are you taking any medications with your meals that might be triggering something?

While you are waiting for your appointment you might even try eliminating some of the foods that often cause GI problems in susceptible people, such as anything with gluten (wheat, etc), or milk.

p.s. the doctor will also want to know whether 'normal' also means that they are as fat as usual, or whether they are skinny.

I hope you feel better soon. Let us know how you do.
Unread 01-16-2006, 03:20 PM
4-6 month sisters

TGIO
thank you so much for the reply, I know I should go to the doctor, I just dread it though, I've had this problem from the begining of surgery, and they all say I'm constipated (sp). I really am not as my bm's (the very many I have a day) are not rock hard. I've had 5 doctors tell me I'm just constipated and eat prunes.....
Unread 01-16-2006, 03:39 PM
4-6 month sisters

hello fellow princesses...

I just passed the 4 month mark at the end of the year, and wanted to check in. I have nothing to complain about... I had a wonderful stay in the castle, and went home feeling tons better than I had in years!

I think that getting off the pain medications and getting them out of my system has really helped a lot! Every day is a reminder to me of how truly wonderful life is and how much I have to be thankful for.

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are still dealing with fatigue and other problems.

I went back to work full-time after 5 weeks, and have never regretted it. I've also resumed all my normal activities at home (too bad, really... housecleaning is much better when someone else does it!!). I've started being more active, and have done some cardio and weight training, and looking forward to getting back in the fitness groove!

I haven't gained any weight since my surgery, but I sure do need to lose 20 pounds or so... so I'd best get on it!
Unread 01-16-2006, 04:16 PM
4-6 month sisters

I see a lot of you talking about 'brain fog'. I have experienced that but didn't know it could be related to all this. How long til it goes away? Did your doctor tell you this might happen? I'm 4 months post op.
Unread 01-16-2006, 05:42 PM
4-6 month sisters

Cabowoman, this may require but is your stool loose or watery? Sometimes you can have BM's daily and still have constipation. Loose or watery stool can leak around the hardened stool. Constipation can cause loss of appetite and abdominal pain. Have you had an x-ray yet? If your Dr insists that it's constipation and hasn't ordered an X-ray yet ask him to order one, that will either confirm or rule out constipation as a cause for your pain. Then, if it isn't constipation I would hound him until he finds out the cause for all your symptoms. Good luck, keep us posted.
Michelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register