On the single digit countdown! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

On the single digit countdown! On the single digit countdown!

Unread 09-21-2005, 10:02 AM
On the single digit countdown!

Nine days and counting until my surgery and I'm so tired of waiting! The past two days have been so long I'd swear they turned 24 hours into 48! And I thought the time would fly by now.

I don't know if I could possibly get anymore stressed out. I'm having my surgery in Ogden, Utah and we live in Nevada. It's a three hour drive there but we are leaving tomorrow night to spend hubbies seven days off scouting his deer country and visiting his parents until surgery day. Hopefully not being couped up in the house will make the time go faster.

My surgery was scheduled for the 23rd and that worked out perfect with his time off. But they really made a mess when they put it out until the 30th. Now he will be there with me on surgery day but has to come back to Nevada the following morning for work that night. Sure hope emotions don't kick in immediately after surgery, I haven't been away from him (other than work) for a single day in over two years!

I have no idea how long my hospital stay will be but do know that mother-in-law will be picking me up and taking me home with her until Wednesday the 5th when they will drive me back home here to Nevada. I'm worried about the pain of sitting for three hours in the vehicle.

And here's a big kicker to add...my DH folks are VERY religious and have NO idea that I am a smoker! Soooo..for any smokers out there...imagine five days of no smoking before surgery added on to the no smoking hospital stay and the probably four day out of the hospital time with the dear family right at hand. OMG! I do plan on quitting REAL soon but surely am not ready now. STRESS STRESS STRESS...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2005, 10:15 AM

jbekkaz,

Three hours seems so long even without surgery! Make sure you take breaks and do leg exercises, keep your circulation going.

I slapped a patch on this morning. I only hope that it works. I smoke more when stressed. If you can go that long with sneaking a smoke behind your in-laws backs, you can hopefully just quit.

This is a stressful time but you can make it!

Dee
Unread 09-21-2005, 10:20 AM

Thanks Dee. I'm sure I'll have leg stretching time because my bladder has spaz attacks when traveling. I take Detrol LA daily because I have to urinate too frequently. There will be at least two potty stops just for me. Gosh I dislike the idea of asking my father-in-law to stop so I can "pee". LOL.

I have a couple old patches that I am going to sneak into my backpack that will be at the in-laws with me. Hopefully they will curb my nic fits a bit. There won't be any sneakin out for a smoke while there that's for sure. Just hope I can hold my tongue! I know I can get real cranky and rude without my fix!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2005, 11:36 AM

I smoke as well, luckilly my entire family knows about it, but nobody approves. My 6 year old says this everytime I light up "mama you just took 7 seconds off your life"...talk about a guilt trip. I plan on stopping the day I go into the hospital for surgery, 3 days there should do it..I hope!
Unread 09-21-2005, 12:11 PM

Congratulations on your commitment to quit! I am going to start on Zyban AFTER I get back home to Nevada and the in-laws leave. Don't dare start it before because mother-in-law is a retired nurse knows what it's used for. I know I can quit; I just feel bad for anyone that has to put up with me until I can control my urges! That and instant menopause should turn me into the monster from hell!
Unread 09-21-2005, 12:26 PM

Perhaps a monster from hell, but a healthier one at least. And that is the bottom line isn't it? I wish you all the best luck in the world with your surgery and your wanting to quit smoking. *hugs from iowa*
Unread 09-22-2005, 08:26 AM

I had my TAH BSO last Friday. I was so nervous the week before surgery, I got a migraine. Now that it is over I feel like I got all worked up for nothing. I didn't have the travel, or smoking issues you had (I quit 10 years ago), but I was pretty freaked out. Good luck, and try to relax.
Unread 09-22-2005, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampykat
I smoke as well, luckilly my entire family knows about it, but nobody approves. My 6 year old says this everytime I light up "mama you just took 7 seconds off your life"...talk about a guilt trip. I plan on stopping the day I go into the hospital for surgery, 3 days there should do it..I hope!
I SMOKED FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND WHAT I FOUND OUT IN QUITING ITS NOT HOW MANY DAYS YOU HAVE NOT HAVING CIGS ITS WETHER YOUR WILLING TO GIVE IT UP. I QUIT SMOKING 2 MONTHS AGO BECAUSE I FOUND OUT AFTER A X-RAY THAT I HAVE THREE LUNG NODULES. TALK ABOUT HAVING A HUGE SCARE. BUT I AM DOING VERY WELL I AM USING ZYBAN AND WENT TO A HYPNATIST. ANYWAY I HOPE ALL GOES WELL FOR YOU AND I WILL BE THERE FOR THE SUPPORT ON YOUR ADVENTURE TO QUIT.

JBEKKAZ WHEN YOU SAY DH YOU DO MEAN YOUR HUSBAND RIGHT? IF SO HOW ON EARTH DO YOU KEEP THAT FROM HIM WITH HIM BEING A NON SMOKER SEEMS HE WOULD SMELL IT ON YOU.

TO THE HOW MANY DAYS OMG I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THE WEEKS AND THAT SEEMS FOREVER BUT WHEN I THINK ABOUT THE DAYS I ONLY HAVE 20 DAYS. NOW THE TIME IS GOING FAST. THREE MONTHS AGO IT SEEMED LIKE FOREVER.
Unread 09-22-2005, 09:11 AM

Hi Jan. Yes by DH I'm stating "dear husband" and he's known I smoke since the day we met. It's just his immediate family that has no idea. I only smoke while there if I know we are going away from the house for a long time so I don't reek when we get back.
Unread 09-22-2005, 09:14 AM

Well Ladies, we are heading off to Utah tonight as soon as my husband gets off to work. One week of playing around on the atv and motorcycle then it's off to the castle.

I won't be back online until after my stay at the castle and I return to Nevada (around the 5th of Oct) so I want to wish all with surgeries coming up the best.

God Bless,
Johanna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register