Disneyland In December??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Disneyland In December??? Disneyland In December???

Unread 08-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Disneyland In December???

My family and I have reservations to visit Disneyland the first week of December. Do you think I will be ok and healed by then...able to ride rides ect? I am worried after reading about some women continuing to have problems months after their surgerys. What do you think?

Miss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 08:25 PM

The recovery process is so individual that it's hard to say yes or no. My surgery was just over 2 weeks ago and I feel great. Sore belly, and I do get tired very easy, but relatively great considering what all they did to me. I know that I have read others here and have personally talked to others that their recovery was very different. Just don't cancel your plans this early! Wait and see, you'll be able to judge it better when the time gets closer.
Unread 08-09-2007, 09:55 PM

I would guess that, barring any unforeseen issues, you should be fine! But you should listen to your body too - you may be feeling fine for the merry go round, but not for rides that might jerk you. Just listen to your body - and have a blast!
I am about four weeks, and not *quite* ready for a roller coaster. I would guess that I would probably feel ok after three or four months - but thats just a guess!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2007, 04:58 AM

My surgery was on 6/12 and for the first 3 weeks it could NOT have been worse............then I turned a corner. Here I am at 8 weeks and fully healed.......even riding my bike & swimming. We also are going to Disneyland but end of September. It does get better even tho you go thru days & weeks where you think it can't get any worse :-)
Unread 08-10-2007, 11:16 AM

Hi Ladies,

You all are such a breath of fresh air. Thank You. I think I will keep my reservations and plan to have a blast!!!

Miss
Unread 08-10-2007, 01:16 PM

I think it's a great thing to look forward to!
At four months you should be fine - just be sure to rest if you start to feel tired or achy.
Rest now and look after yourself!
Unread 08-11-2007, 07:56 PM

Hi missdsney1! I wouldn't change your plans just yet. As others have said, everyone heals differently.

I am a huge Disney fan passed on from my mother and her mother (my grandmother was at Disneyland's opening day!)

My job takes me to Florida often so I have a season pass to Walt Disney World. My next visit is scheduled for the end of September (I will be approx 15 mos) and I too am concerned about the trip. I probably won't know until I get there, but I figure there is so much to do that isn't a roller coaster that I should still have fun. Plus it will be fun to see my co-workers enjoying themselves!

My biggest concerns would be the rough movement rides (Dinosaur! at WDW and Indiana Jones at D-land) and the lap bars (Thunder Mt railroad at both). It sounds painful right now but let's keep in touch and see how it goes? I would definitely plan for short rest periods as previously and be sure to adding walking to your daily routine now if you don't already.

If you have major concerns, I would consult your Dr's office.
Unread 08-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Go!!!!!

If all is going normally it should not be a problem by then. I took my 18 year old DD on a cruise (graduation gift) at 7 weeks and I even did the bungee trampoline thing and was fine. I would not cancel unless you think you might be having trouble. Just plan on having the time of your life.I am at 3 mos. now and would have no worries. Just pay attention to your body.
Unread 08-11-2007, 09:10 PM

I would think you would be fine by December to go. Just drink LOTS of water and take breaks if you get tired. We are probably going to go in January (we live 6 hours from Disneyland) and get annual passes too. Yeah!

Reno, I used to work at Disneyland and in fact, that is where my husband (who also worked there) and I MET! AND the minister who married us was best friends with Diana Disney and he was the White Rabbit on opening day at Disneyland! So, Disney is a huge deal in our family too!

s
Marla
Unread 08-12-2007, 10:49 AM

I just got back from Disneyland. I went at 5 and a half weeks. Two suggestions:

1) Stay in a Disney hotel so you can get back to the hotel quickly if you need to and also, to take a rest mid day. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and it was so nice to leave the parks in the middle of the day and go sit by the pool and rest.

2) Do not overdo on the walking. I did and lived to regret it. I didn't feel like I was overdoing that much, just walking, but I paid a price with soreness the next day. I am still a little sore. Not just my abdominal area, but all the muscles that I had stopped using with all of the resting I had been doing. Also, if you stay at the Disneyland hotel you get early admission and we went on most of the rides for the day between 7am and 10am when there were litte or no lines. That was I was not standing in long lines all day.

Also, there are some rides you will probably want to avoid. The roller coasters for sure, Indiana Jones...I went on the Haunted House about six times! It ws fun and you will have a great time, but plan to have breaks and plan to take care of yourself. It was a LOT more tiring than I expected it to be.

Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register