TVH I feel SO tired all the time! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I feel SO tired all the time! I feel SO tired all the time!

Unread 09-15-2012, 09:37 AM
I feel SO tired all the time!

I am 26 years old and 4 weeks post op, I don't know if this is normal but I am so tired all the time, I could sleep for days and still be tired. I have no energy at all and my house is a MESS because I just don't feel like doing anything. I talked to the doctor and he said he could put me on Prozac, I don't feel like I am depressed I am just OOBER tired!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Re: I feel SO tired all the time!

Pita - I'm in the same boat! I just can't believe the level of exhaustion I feel. I do small things around the house, or go food shopping (with help pushing the cart & unloading the groceries) and I'm shot for the day. The only thing I can say is that it seems to be the same with everyone.....just look around these threads & you'll read different posts on the same thing. We did have major surgery and between what was done to us, the anesthesia and blood loss I guess it just takes awhile to get back to "normal". I hope you get your energy back soon - in the meantime, rest when you need to! xoxoxo
Unread 09-15-2012, 11:41 AM

Yes the fatigue can be debilitating but it does get better sisters. It seems that once I got 4 or 5 wks po and could tolerate doing more things, I had more fatigue as my body was trying to support both me doing things and the tremendous amoujnt of energy it takes to heal itself. It deosn't seem like you're doing much but remember your body is doing TONS of work on the inside, even at 4 wks!! Here is an article about fatigue at 8 wks.

For me it got better 12 or 13 wks and now at 5 mos po, its much better. I still have a day here and there where my body says, "ok, we need a break", but those days come fewer and fewer. Hope that helps sisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2012, 11:45 AM

At three weeks, I didn't know how I was going to be able to go back to work at week 4. I called the doctor and he gave me an extra week off. The fatigue was so debilitating. Now at 4 weeks, I'm feeling like I am almost ready.
I do think you need to keep an eye on the depression. It's not uncommon post op. And the symptoms are similar...fatigue being a big one. My doc said to push myself a little farther than I was, and that has really helped.
Good luck!
hugs,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register