laser hyster/lavh??? need the belly support ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

laser hyster/lavh??? need the belly support ? laser hyster/lavh??? need the belly support ?

Unread 08-28-2007, 07:05 AM
laser hyster/lavh??? need the belly support ?

Okay I am having a hyster on the 9-12-07. They will be using lasers to make sure there is no endo or other adhesions that might be causing the prolapse. Do I need the swelly belly for support? Do I need over sized panties? I have lost weight so everything is some what "over sized" expect my jeans. What type of nightgown should I get? I have one but its fannel with long sleeves. I was thinking something kinda on the cutie side instead.

This question occurred to me while driving my young family members to their destinations this morning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 08:01 AM

You might want to see what the hospital nurses suggest about the belly support. Mine were EXTREMELY helpful in that regard... even to the point of telling me to wear TWO binders so I got extra support. (great idea, by the way -- at least for me) Your procedure may change, and they may end up doing more than anticipated... so it's kind of hard to predict beforehand.

It's very possible you'll have swelling because you'll have internal stitches to heal. But if you do, the medical supply store will have the binder. If you feel the cooling support is necessary, the Swelly Belly Band sold by Hyster Sisters can be at your doorstep in just a few days after ordering.
Unread 08-28-2007, 02:04 PM

I called the today. I left a mgs for her to call me. I want to ask her what she fills is best for me to prepare for. This way I can get my bag packed and ready for the hospital stay. I am only suppose to stay a night however it could change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 04:10 PM

okay after speaking with my nurse today. I have a better idea of what I need.
When I first get home I will probably want to sleep in the recliner. Its easier to get up and down at first.

Okay she said for me to bring the following items.

my own night gown
my own comfy warm socks
my pads
my own belly pillow

She said that I may not feel like eatting anything for the first 48 hours but after that I can send dh out for a smoothie king

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register