I still Hurt ~ Is this normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I still Hurt ~ Is this normal? I still Hurt ~ Is this normal?

Unread 04-07-2006, 08:46 PM
I still Hurt ~ Is this normal?

i am 4 weeks post op and still can't do hardley anything without a pain pill. is this normal? today i just watched tv and didn't try to go anywhere. i have also been a total ***** to my family. i am usually such a nice person. what is going on. anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2006, 08:50 PM

well if it makes you feel any better i am still taking vicadin because of pain. i'm on hrt ( i had everything removed) and i was on it b4 my hyst due to severe pms, so my emotions are under control. what kind of surgery did you have? did both ovaries get removed? you could ask your doctor to check your hormone levels. i hope i helped some. gentle hugs
Unread 04-07-2006, 11:22 PM

i had a VH A&P repair, bladder sling, rectocele repair, kept my ovaries. some days i feel pretty good but most days i just hurt. it always helps to know i am not alone. i honestly don't know what i would do without all of you. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2006, 07:18 AM

Hi Robin
I'm sorry you're still hurting. I had pretty much the same surgery as you and at 4 wks I still wasn't able to do much. I think the more you have done, especially in the way of repairs, the longer it takes to heal. I would encourage you to try to pace yourself better. Figure out what you can and can't do without pain and try not to do too much. I still couldn't do the grocery store at 4 wks. I remember that so clearly. I didn't even try to do it by myself either.
My dr was so kind and gave me refills on my pain meds so I would take one now and then when I would misjudge my ablilities. I do think you will find that each week it is better, but you'll heal faster if you don't push your body past its limits so often.
I know this gets discouraging and it can affect your moods. Try to stay on top of it mentally too. I know I got discouraged and could get grumpy but a lot of it was my mindset and where I was focusing. This recovery is a long one and there's just no way around it. Look for the quiet ways you can connect with your family that you might not do when you are healed and on the run again.
Even though you kept your ovaries you could be having some fluctuations that affect your mood too. in there. You will heal, life will go on.
's,Rita
Unread 04-08-2006, 08:05 AM

hi there sweetie. it is hard isn't it? i was getting very discouraged towards the 4 and 5 week mark. i decided that i would need to find things i could do with my family, since i couldn't do the things that i used to (for a while anyway). we started playing board games-even the 4 y/o! we did legos, played card games, walked, slowly, to the grocery store-the boys would pull the wagon, and pick up the things that fell off! we also played simon says -they cleaned! as part of the game!- i bought a swiffer and a dustbuster for my boys-they love them. we have read about 10 million books, and colored at least 700 pictures. for me, it was all in finding ways to be with them. with my dh, we have been learning how to talk better. we have more time to do that. we also have been having late night (9:00) ha! card games. it really has been nice once i let it be. hugs to you sweetheart. give you a hug also.
Unread 04-08-2006, 08:25 AM

I am 4 weeks today and still find I get pretty sore doing to much. I am VERY emotional too. (had everything out) I am on hrt but I know it takes our bodies time to adjust. I still get tired easy and the swelly belly ugggg I hate that part. Anyway, hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register