Squeezing pain when bladder empties | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Squeezing pain when bladder empties Squeezing pain when bladder empties

Unread 12-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Squeezing pain when bladder empties

Hello,
I'm 4 weeks out and it doesn't hurt or burn when I start to pee, but as my bladder starts to get empty I feel like it's squeezing and it's worse at the very end. Literally takes my breath away. I feel no burning or urgency. I did have a UTI 2 weeks post but it cleared with antibiotics. I have a past with IC, so Doc thought maybe it was that. I've had 3 IC treatments and it hasn't changed. I'm worried I have grown more adhesions. Anyone have this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Re: Squeezing pain when bladder empties

Hi,
Hope this is helpful. Today is four weeks for me too. I, also, have squeezing pain when I urinate. I see stars it is so painful. I don't know what causes this but it does give ke some relief to know we are on the same recovery schedule with same concern. Have you passed your stitches yet? I still have some externals that have not healed yet. Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 12-03-2013, 10:00 AM

Same here... I go for my first post op check tomorrow. We'll see...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2013, 11:03 AM

No stitches yet.
Unread 12-03-2013, 05:22 PM

Ask your doc if you can try Azo tabs. They help with bladder contractions.
Unread 12-03-2013, 06:21 PM

Just had my 2 week post op yesterday.. having same pain when at the end of emptying my bladder..no burning or stinging..no urgency..just weird at the end..my Dr said that is totally normal & will go away in time..they have to peel your bladder off the uterus & the back side of the bladder is very irritated..mine is starting to improve..hope this helps(:
Unread 12-03-2013, 06:35 PM

I had the same kind of pain, but it was with bowel movements. It did take a few weeks to improve, but now I am 5 weeks out, on Monday will be 6 weeks, no more pain. My uterus was stuck to my colon, so I do wonder if your bladder was stuck to your uterus. Scar tissue can form on your bladder also if you have had c sections. At least that is what the doctor told me. Good Luck and God Bless! Hope that you feel better soon!
Unread 12-03-2013, 06:56 PM

I've had bladder difficulties as well, not like UTI, but hard to start, keep going, and stop. Thank goodness for this site that I can see not to worry too much yet, and hopefully it will just get better over time. Also my surgeon told me my bladder was very inflamed from the severe endometriosis, so lots of work was done there too. Weirdly, I actually try talking to my bladder sometimes, telling it I understand why it's honkerblonked off (literally) and asking it to just relax now that all is well...
Unread 12-03-2013, 06:57 PM

oops I used a honkerblonked word Let me rephrase: "I understand why it's upset at me...."
Unread 12-03-2013, 08:47 PM

I too had a weird sensation, when my bladder was full. I talked to my doctor at a six week check up and was told to take some cranberry tablets for a while, which I did. I still had a weird sensation, it also felt weird when I conducted and type of physical activity. After everything was healed and around 3 months after my op, I had sex for the first time since my op, I started to bleed! I went to the doctor the next day and was told that I had a bit of "proud flesh" on the top of my vault, which he sealed off in his rooms. I thought that would be the end of that, however, two weeks later the same thing happened again. This time the I was given a quick fix, and had to go back for surgery to do a repair as my fallopian tube was pushing down in through the top of my vaginal vault! I honestly thought the weird sensation I was having was all part of the healing process. So if you feel that something is not right, then go straight to the doctor and get it checked out. I'm all good now fingers crossed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register