TAH any last minute pointer? HELP!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH any last minute pointer?  HELP!! TAH any last minute pointer? HELP!!

Unread 07-18-2004, 08:55 PM
TAH any last minute pointer? HELP!!

Hi I am new here. Tomorrow I have my bowel prep with Fleets Phospho soda. Any pointer there, to make it easier to go down, any thing I should/should not do, etc? Any info would help tremendously. Scheduled for TAH on July 20 and am petrified!! I have already asked for some med so I don't wake up from gen anesthesia sick. Anyone got any pointers for me!!! Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2004, 10:33 PM

Sandy,

I think you will do very well tomorrow. Just remember some deep breaths and you'll do great. Pretty soon you won't be a anymore!

Good luck Tuesday...

k9
Unread 07-18-2004, 10:46 PM

My surgery was scheduled July 19 at 12:30, but rescheduled to July 26 at 1:00 pm. During my pre op the nurse told me not to drink or eat anything after midnight! She said, I could have a very small amount of water to get my morning medicine down. But, nothing else. No even a mint, or hard candy. She said, that hard candies pepermints or etc. will cause your stomache juices to get
going. And that will often cause people to have an upset stomache during or after surgery.
I don't know how I will make it until 1:00 with nothing at all!
I am a very fluid person, I can go with out eating. But, no water or diet coke,(oh my)! Oh well, I'll just deal with it I guess.

Good luck Tuesday!

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2004, 09:40 AM

Sandy,
Had my TAH Mon., 7/12. I had to drink a gallon of medicine the day before--quit eating at 1 pm and start drinking at 4 pm The preparation instructions said to chill the drink so it tasted better. It was pineapple flavored. At first it wasn't too bad really but had to drink 8 oz. every 10 minutes. Sometimes I thought I was so full I couldn't drink anymore but I did. It actually took a few hours for anything to happen. Just be prepared to be in the bathroom a lot once it starts. Maybe have some mouthwash to rinse your mouth if it tastes bad. Your bottom may become sore. Use soft TP or wet wipes. The cold liquid also chilled me after a while, so a blanket might come in handy.
Good luck to you!
Unread 07-19-2004, 10:44 AM

Thanks to you guys!. It really helps! I have to start my bowel prep here in about an hour. UGH. ! not allowed to eat anything but clear liquids today. I am starving ! have to wait til Wednesday I guess. One bonus is, maybe I will lose a few pounds in the process!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register