Well this is it Systers | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Well this is it Systers Well this is it Systers

Unread 10-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Well this is it Systers

Today is my last day of work for umpteen weeks, and my last weekend with my uterus. As of Tuesday I will be free. Free from the evil spawn within. When going through pre-op admitting this morning, they are having me look into organ donation just incase something were to happen. I asked her if I could donate my uterus. She only chuckled a little. Hey I thought it was funny. Anyway Systers, wish me luck and I'll try to keep you updated on my progress. :woohoo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2008, 01:20 AM
Well this is it Systers

Hi Patsy

With your great sense of humour you should get through this just fine!

All best wishes for a safe surgery and a great recovery.

See you soon on the post op side

Katy
Unread 10-11-2008, 04:47 AM
Well this is it Systers

Good luck to you Patsy! You're almost there! I liked your response about donating your uterus-it was a funny answer to a really awful question-I can't believe they asked you about organ donation at a time like this!
By the way, I'm not donating my uterus-I'm putting it on ebay!
God bless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2008, 05:45 AM
Well this is it Systers

My DH has just finished cracking the same jokes with me... for eg. perhaps he would benefit from receiving mine transplanted... see how he likes it?! Really give him something to whine about?
God bless him, he just started singing "I am woman" as he unloads the laundry. Gotta love that man.
Unread 10-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Well this is it Systers

Hi Patsy,

I'm going to the castle on Monday - I'm a bit nervous, but I know everything will be much better on the post-op side. I went for my pre-op yesterday and asked my doctor a million questions. One of them was, "How hysterectomies and bladder slings have you done?" - he started his answer with, "Well, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night..." I'm so glad he's got a good sense of humor! That makes me feel a lot better. I just hope I don't wake up with a face drawn on my butt with magic-marker! Anyway, I wanted to wish you good luck and to tell you that you're in my thoughts and prayers for Tuesday!
Unread 10-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Well this is it Systers

LOL @ donating your uterus. I dont think I could have given my insides away! They were a MESS.

Anyways, a few days after surgery, we were in the car and DH was driving like a jerk and I yelled "STOP! I am going to have a prolapsed uterus!" LOL. He looked and me and reminded me that I didnt have a uterus anymore

Big hugs, see you on the post op boards
Unread 10-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Well this is it Systers

thinking of you dfielder as you head off to the castle. I wish it was me, I wish it was me, I wish it was me!

I'm still trying to locate my gyno's sense of humour! I'm sure he has one somewhere.. I wish there was a chance I'd wake up with a smiley face drawn on my butt.. that'd make it all ok.
Unread 10-12-2008, 12:58 AM
Well this is it Systers

Patsy,
I'm right behind you syster!
In 5 weeks I'll be going in on a Tuesday for my complete abdominal. By then you will be 5 weeks post op and well on your way to feeling wonderful and I'll just be starting my post op adventure!
Funny, no one is volunteering to join me in the "buddy plan" for this long, exciting vacation!
Scottie19
Unread 10-12-2008, 01:19 AM
Well this is it Systers

LOL you guys crack me up! I'd love to have donated my uterus and "grossly abnormal fallopian tube..." to my surgeon! She would certainly have to develop a sense of humour to live with them for as long as I did. As my GP said, a surgeon usually becomes a surgeon because they can't deal with patients who are awake. Truer words were never spoken! Ok, I have to say I've had outstanding surgeons with wonderful personalities before, I just don't like the one I have now.
Good luck to all you ladies in waiting! Hope you have a wonderful experience and a truely royal recovery with all the help and rest you need.
Katie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register