All At Once | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-19-2001, 10:36 AM
All At Once

Hi all:

I'm looking forward to my October date, as I'm sure many of you are. October 2nd is just around the corner!

I've been having a problem lately, I must admit, though. It seems like I am in some sort of mental paralysis where I can't really think straight enough to plan anything. I'm afraid that the date will come and I won't be prepared.

I know the reason for my "paralysis"; a lot of things have happened in my life all at once. On Saturday, my fiancee was rushed to the hospital, and he is facing emergency surgery for an infected foot, with possible amputation. I've been trying to support him, and during that process found out on Monday about my operation date.

In addition, I'm a new supervisor at my job (I've been there two months) and my boss just left two weeks ago to get surgery because of an impending stroke. She left me with the responsibility of running the large facility I work for. Just yesterday, I told her about my own scheduled date for surgery, feeling guilty because I know she's in bed recovering from her own surgery! The guilt of leaving a job for six weeks I just obtained, plus all the other things going on are leaving me with "brain freeze". How can I motivate myself to think constructively so I can get prepared for my own big day?

If I didn't have this website, I don't know what I would do. It's like a shelter in a storm for me. Thank you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2001, 12:05 PM
All At Once

Hi, phoenix2B! You really do have a lot of stress in your life right now! No wonder your brain can't concentrate on anything. I'm sure your adrenalin level is pretty high trying to cope with all the crises, and that makes it hard to think clearly. Is there any way possible that you could take some time off work, even just going part-time for a few days before your surgery, so you can step back and prepare for You? You need someone to support you, so that you don't have to shoulder the whole burden alone. Don't feel guilty about asking friends and family for help--we all found out that we aren't invincible superwomen, and any friendly help is welcome! You can try setting aside a few minutes a day to meditate and pray, thinking through your surgery and recovery. I'm glad you have already planned to take 6 weeks off of work, and hopefully you can have the option of starting back to work part-time after that. You'll be glad you had the hyst. after you're over recovery, but you'll need to rest and be pampered the first few weeks. Hugs and Best Wishes!!
Unread 09-19-2001, 12:18 PM
All At Once

Hugs, Hugs and more Hugs!!
My Dh went through quite a surgery not long ago, and was in awful pain. Plus numerus other things that I won't get into now. We can do this. Breathe, drink plenty of H2O, and have a glass of wine now and then if you can.
Stress can be so .........STRESSFUL. There is just no other word for it!
Slow down, make lists if you have to, and don't feel any guilt. We all have things that happen at once. This is not your fault. Remember God is with you,and so are we. It takes a strong person to do what you have been doing, so we already know that you will make it. It is just a matter of how. And this is what is up to us. How we do it. When you awake in the morning, know that God will guide your day...and then let Him. Make no plans other than what you absolutely feel NEEDS to be done. And then if you get too overwhelmed, know that there is another day......you have accomplished great things because you have done all you can do. And that is your best. That is all that anyone can do.
Don't compare your situation to others.....You have a right to be who you are with needs. And you have a right to do something for yourself each day. Even if it is just having a bath with a glass of wine or ice tea with that little extra touch of lemon.
I wish your fiance' well and think you are wonderful for supporting him in this. You must support yourself first to be able to be there for him.
All will fall into place if we trust. I will be here and so will the rest of these wonderful ladies. We all go through the not thinking stuff,....and so much more ups and downs, but when it is all over, we feel like conquering the world once again.
May God watch over you and give you peace in your journey.
Hugs, Prayers, and love
Peanut
PS Thank you for reminding me that there are others who need the attention more than I do! It really got my mind off my upcoming hyster! The fact that you accomplished this means you have already done a heck of a lot today! Bless you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2001, 01:17 PM
All At Once

Wow, thank you for your kind words. I'm being redundant, but I love this website! I do believe that God has placed me under the shadow of His wings. I just have to be reminded sometimes.

The wonderful thing about this site is that I was feeling overwhelmed, and then I read a wonderful thread that turned my day completely around! It reminded me of where my hope and strength resides. I'm going to take a copy of that thread with me to the hospital, so I can read it over and over.

Thank you to all of you who make this website special!

"Jenny"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register