dVH/RALH Irritable and moody | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Irritable and moody Irritable and moody

Unread 12-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Irritable and moody

I am 6 wks post op and I feel like I'm going insane. I kept my ovaries, removing cervix and uterus. Lately it seems like I can not control my moods. Every little thing irritates me! Which isn't good since I am a receptionist at an ob/gyn office!! I feel so bad my my SO. He seems to be tip toeing around me. The kids can't understand why them laughing drives me crazy! I don't know if it's hormones or stress? Anyone else seem to be dealing with this or am I the only one? I really do not want to be on meds, but I don't think I can't do this much longer. I am so moody. I am either mad, sad, or irritated anymore. Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Re: Irritable and moody

Sorry you're having a bad 'go' of it! I'm 4 weeks along and find that I'm more moody if I haven't taken my b12 & iron supplements. Additionally, if I'm not managing my pain level ... look out!

hope things get better soon! hugs
Unread 12-30-2010, 04:31 AM

Im totally moody too! My kids want to put me out with the dogs to sleep in the doghouse! My theory is that my hormones havent had time to get back to normal. Everything either irritates me makes me mad or makes me cry! Tonight I cried at the AT&T commercial because the orange guy had to go on a buisness trip and leave his family! Yup, my hormones are def screwy! You arent the only one! Just hang in there and Im sure things will even out as time goes by...I just hope for my kids sake (and mine since its way too cold to sleep in the doghouse) that they even out soon for me! Good luck with your recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2010, 10:36 AM

I get pretty moody as well, although it's getting better. I still cry over some commercials, and there are some that I just can't bear to watch. My moods can change in a heartbeat but that too is getting better and it doesn't happen as much as it used to. I'm not taking any HRT. I found that when I feel out of balance doing some meditation helps to calm me down - is that something that you may want to try? I know with teens that may not be an option.
Unread 12-30-2010, 11:11 AM

Yes I find my moods change quickly too so I try to stay away from stuff that upsets me, like on TV and stuff since I can't handle it. I try to just stay calm and not think about anything too much! lol. Good luck everyone.
Unread 12-30-2010, 12:43 PM

here too! My ghost period is in three days and i don't know if it's my ovaries still being in the moody swing of things or if it's my ovaries taking a nap and premenopausal crankiness. I have been waking up sweating and yesterday I was out and about in 40 degree whether and had to go from winter hat to pony tail. I find if i avoid certain people that seem to trigger my ears to steam like a cartoon character I'm in much better spirits
Unread 12-30-2010, 03:04 PM

I too feel moody lately.. I had a LAVH, kept both ovaries and they sure don't seem to be working yet. Little things can set me off and make me so annoyed. My poor DH is being careful to not set me off, and I have 2 little ones that have been going to daycare for the entire month of Dec. so I could heal without having to take care of them and I'm not sure how I will go back to our routine as of the 3rd of Jan. when life is suppose to go back to normal. I certainly hope that things level out quickly.
Unread 12-31-2010, 02:23 PM

My dr put me on zoloft. He seems to think that it is more stress and anxiety related. He said that since I kept my ovaries it should not be my hormones. I guess we will see in a few weeks! The pamphlet did say it helps with pms symptoms! I hope this works!!! Glad I'm not alone!!!! Good luck ladies hope we all level out soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register