No HRT hot flashes & head aches | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No HRT hot flashes & head aches No HRT hot flashes & head aches

Unread 12-23-2013, 08:41 PM
No HRT hot flashes & head aches

I can't be on HRT due to stage 4 endometriosis & family history of breast cancer from estrogen replacement. I'm only 10 days out & hot flashes are horrible! Headaches are also really bad. Any tips on controlling these ? I'm on pain meds & 800 ibuprofen already . I wondered if I'm getting these cuz I'm being to active. Cooking & doing dishes as my husband isn't very good at either . Its only 67 in my home & I have sweat rolling off me! So annoying & I'm an insomniac on top of this. Sleepless in MO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Re: No HRT hot flashes & head aches

I'm in the same boat. When my doctor told me that I couldn't go on HRT for 6 months after surgery I thought he had lost his mind, after my surgery I came to terms with it. My doctor couldn't remove all of my endo so I've got to wait until it dies off naturally after being starved of hormones. He did tell me it was ok for me to take GNC Women's Menopause Formula which is all natural, made of soybeans. It helps a bit, the hot flashes and night sweats aren't as intense. I had headaches every day for the first two weeks. Pain medicine can cause rebound headaches, but your hormones can also cause them. Many people seem to get them, especially if they hadheadaches with their periods. I took Excederin and it worked great. Although, you have to be careful iif you're bleeding because the aspirin can cause that to get worse. I have horrible insomnia as well, I've been taking Tylenol PM, it's ok but may have to discuss it with my doctor because once I go back to work I'm not going to be able to perform my job on zero sleep. I've tried a tea made by Tazo called Rest, it has Valerian Root in it but I'm not sure that it's anything more than Tazo's version of Sleepytime tea. Let me know if you find anything that helps with sleep, I find that even if I fall asleep (usually around 1 or 2am) that I have really vivid strange dreams. It's probably going to take a while for our bodies to adjust. I hope that helps a little.
Unread 12-23-2013, 09:08 PM

That's exactly how I am the dreams freak me out & are so real!! Strangely I have zero bleeding which I thought was odd. In sept I had ovarian cysts & an ovary removed . I bled for weeks but after finding endo so bad this time they took it all. Uterus, tubes, ovary, cervix & a lot of scar tissue. Thanks for the help I will have to try it. No sleep is killing me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2013, 09:25 PM

Not sure about the hot flashes, but the headaches could be caused from dry eyes. I just found out that part of the "after" and no estrogen is that your eyes are not making tears and become dry which in turn can cause headaches. Not positive this is with you, but it was my experience. As soon as I put in the artifical tears my headaches went away. Over the counter and last a long time. Good luck!
Unread 12-23-2013, 09:36 PM

Thank you I wonder if this is what's causing my vision problems? Been blurry since surgery. I just started a new thread about it as my eyes are not improving
Unread 12-23-2013, 09:56 PM

I just spoke with my eye doctor on Saturday. Yes your vision is going to be messed up and can change for up to two months. Don't make any drastic changes with your vision prescription. My hyst was 11/13/13 and she doesn't want to check my eyes until the first week of February because they can continue to change good or bad. Try the artifical tears though they did help and she was the one to tell me about that too. I then did some research of my own.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register