Didn't pass bleeding test for the 3rd time!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Didn't pass bleeding test for the 3rd time!!! Didn't pass bleeding test for the 3rd time!!!

Unread 01-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Didn't pass bleeding test for the 3rd time!!!

Well all of my hyster sisters that were due for surgery at the same time as I was, are all probably on the road to recovery. I on the other hand, well I haven't even come close. I have had 3 bleeding tests now (over a 3 week period) and have been way off the scale everytime (15 minutes and greater). They will try one more time next week, if I do pass I will be in surgery on the 2nd. If I don't I'll be off to the hemetoligist to figure out why my blood is not clotting!!! I don't take any aspirn's, vitamins etc, that would cause my blood to thin, so it's a bit of a mystery. I'm am really disapointed that this is happening, because I was so looking forward to moving on with my life....and feeling like a 25year old again! Anyway, please send me good clotting thoughts for this week, and fingers crossed that we can get on with it!!!

PS: Has anyone had tylenol affect their blood clotting time? The doc. says that it would be very unusual if that was what was doing it.....but I have to wonder?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2005, 02:29 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having this problem... Hope that you can find out why or that it just disappears!Has the doc ever suggested anemia? I would check into that..

You're in my thoughts!
Unread 01-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Thank you for your thoughts

Hi there,

they have tested me to see if I'm anemic, and I'm not. Which is good, but at least if I was they could of done something about it.
Ah well, I'll just have to hang in there till Tuesday, when I have my next bleeding test.

Aloha
Hawaiikiwi (LouLou)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2005, 03:17 PM

Do you take herbal supplements, eat lots of garlic, use fish oil? These things, esp. garlic in foods, and fish oil capsules, will cause excess bleeding. Try to eat only fresh foods or frozen fresh, drink only water and juice, and watch out for garlic. Google to see what foods, etc. can cause this. Then, don't eat it.

If I was your doctor, I'd get deeper into finding out what the problem is. Yeah, like a hematologist.

Maybe Google "reasons for slow clotting time" and see what you get.
Unread 01-28-2005, 07:05 PM

S

I'm so sorry to hear that your test wasn't good again. I hope the next one is good, but if not I hope a hematologist can figure it out.

Best wishes>
Unread 01-28-2005, 08:57 PM

I am so sorry that you didn't pass your test again. I hope that you pass next week and if not, you will find out why.

Best wishes!

s

Deb
Unread 01-30-2005, 03:28 PM

Hi there

Have you been tested for VonWillebrands? This is a Factor Viii clotting difficiency. It is quite common and often presents itself as excessive menstural bleeding or easy-bruising. I also have this and have to be careful with any type of surgery (even a trip to the dentist) but is easily treated (in my case) with DDVAP infusion. Perhaps you could ask your consultant to check it out.

regards
ktee
Unread 01-30-2005, 03:34 PM
would love to know more

Hi there,
That is very interesting, do you think that you could explain the disorder to me a little bit more, and in very simple english, I'm not very medical.

I'm very interested in this
Thank you for contacting me

Kind regards,
Hawaiikiwi
Unread 01-30-2005, 05:32 PM

I don't know if this would help you; but when people are on Coumadin (blood thinner) and there levels become to high they are given Vit. k. The liver requires Vitamin K for the manufacturing of certain key proteins in the native clotting mechanism. When Vitamin K is not made available, these clotting factors are not manufactured, and blood clotting is impaired. Maybe you need to increase your dietary Vit. K. I'd talk to your doctor before taking over the counter supplements because to much vit. k can be dangerous. Eating foods rich in vit. k can't hurt.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register