Scheduled TVH Had my pre op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had my pre op Had my pre op

Unread 01-23-2013, 06:22 AM
Had my pre op

I had my pre op with my doctor yesterday. Everything went good except one thing that makes me neverous. She wants to TVH, even take the ovary out through there. I haven't had a kid and I read here that makes me a "non canidate" so..? She said that if they (her and the other doc at the practice) get in there and it's not working out that they will open me up and I'll have the big cut. Scary! Also what scares me is the thought that my normal exams hurt and now we're going down there with a weighted speculum? She promises I won't tear and she'll "make me look sexy" LOL! I just don't see how this is going to work. My yearly hurts enough.

My pre op with blood work and all that goodness at the hospital is today and tomorrow it's back to my doctor for a ultrasound. She wants to look at the size of my uterus and check for a cyst because of my resent influx of pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2013, 07:13 AM
Re: Had my pre op

I had a LAVH Dec 27th. The Dr didn't know if i'd be able to have it done that way due to my small pelvis but it went Great. I've got 2 kids but they were both by C-sections. I never knew until he told me that my pelvis is small. About the only Small part of me! Lol! I hope everything goes Great with the Ultrasound!!
Unread 01-23-2013, 08:48 AM
Had my pre op

Thank you!!! That is very comforting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2013, 06:02 PM

Is there any option to consider laproscopic or robotic if she has to convert rather than an abdominal?
Unread 01-23-2013, 06:17 PM

She didn't mention it so I assume not

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register