1week post op..staples removed and incision burst open back to OR Monday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1week post op..staples removed and incision burst open back to OR Monday 1week post op..staples removed and incision burst open back to OR Monday

Unread 07-06-2013, 10:09 AM
1week post op..staples removed and incision burst open back to OR Monday

I am 1 week abdominal hysterectomy post op, I don't have an appetite I was sent home after 2 day stay with Tramadol and Demerol. I have been having a burning sensation under the bottom of my stomach. Well I went to my doctor yesterday to get my staples and drain tube removed the dr said my incision looked good and was healing nicely. Well he helped me up off of the table I stood up and the incision from my pelvis to my navel burst I felt it open up and blood just started pouring.

My doctor cleaned and packed the area, scheduled me to the OR for secondary stitching on Monday morning. He told me to take it easy this weekend he doesn't want the rest of the incision to open up. I changed dressing last night and again this morning there is a lot of pain. I can't wait until Monday morning please pray for me.I hope this will not interfere with my initial 6 week recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Re: 1week post op..staples removed and incision burst open back to OR Monday

Oh BIG hugs to you! I am so sorry this happened to you. Take it easy this weekend and best of luck with Monday.
Unread 07-06-2013, 12:05 PM

if you are in alot of pain please go to the ER especially if you have any signs of infection or fever. because you have an open wound now infection can set in pretty quickly. good luck on your surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2013, 12:16 PM

Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine this. I'm so very sorry. Sending my prayers to you sweetie.
Unread 07-06-2013, 01:30 PM

You are in my prayers. Best of luck and a speedy recovery
Unread 07-06-2013, 03:42 PM

Dear lord that must have been frightening .I hope that you are healing nicely.
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:34 AM

Thank you all so much, I received secondary stitching at my wound site having a little soreness but I am healing nicely. My Dr was so apologetic before they put me to sleep he was running my hand and my forehead telling me he was so very sorry this had happened to me. I am not driving yet,still taking it easy and plenty of rest. I go back to dr on the 23rd I have dissolvable stitches and the incision looks good.
Unread 07-11-2013, 06:12 PM

That is one of the worst feelings in the world and I speak from experience. At my first post-op appointment (12 days after hyst), the doctor removed my staples. I was concerned about the incision opening up because I had a problem from a previous surgery. He said everything looked fine. I asked him to put steri-strips just to ease my mind but he said he didn't need too because the incision was closed (navel to bikini). I was also concerned because I was still having some leakage which to me would indicate that the wound was not closed tight. Following the appointment, I went to Walmart to have my meds filled. Walmart said rx would be ready in about an hour so I walked around a bit then went to Subway for lunch. As I was waiting in line, I felt my clothes getting wet so I went to the bathroom to clean up. When I sat on the toilet, my incision busted open and my intestines started coming out!! I was picked up by ambulance and brought to the ER. Emergency surgery was preformed. Now, I have a large hernia and will have surgery again on August 1st. I hope and pray this doesn't happen again!!! That was the most traumatic event of my life. How lucky for you that happened in the doctor's office. Just sorry he made you wait to get the secondary stitches 😬
Unread 07-11-2013, 06:14 PM

And just for your everyone's information, a tight incision should close and seal within 12-24 hours.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register