dVH/RALH hysterectomy 3/22/10, spotting tonight | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hysterectomy 3/22/10,  spotting tonight hysterectomy 3/22/10, spotting tonight

Unread 08-21-2011, 10:52 PM
hysterectomy 3/22/10, spotting tonight

, I had a complete hysterectomy taking everything in March 2010. Up to now everything has gone along with no problems. My robot assisted surgery was because of complex hyperplasia without atypia. The pathlogy came back with nothing showing. Tonight I noticed a little spotting. I am going to call doctor tomorrow but tonight I was just wondering if anyone could help me to try to figure out why this is happening so long after surgery. This is scaring me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Re: hysterectomy 3/22/10, spotting tonight

Ohio6 -

The only thing that I could think of is that there is some granulation that got aggravated.

What did your Dr. tell you?

Unread 08-24-2011, 11:18 PM

I have a doctor appointment on Friday. I feel better because the spotting stopped Monday morning just after I made the doctor appointment. I quess I still probably should still keep the appointment, but I am not sure if he will be able to see any problem because there is no spotting going on now. This really scared me
Sunday night. I have had no real problems since having the hysterectomy. The only thing was granulation which was taken care of at my 6 week appointment. Would you still keep the appointment or cancel it and wait to see if there was any more spotting? I have no spotting or no pain. Thank you for taking the time to answer my thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2011, 08:17 PM

Ohio

You know at this point I would probably keep it if nothing else for piece of mind. Maybe there was a little more granulation.

Unread 08-26-2011, 12:26 PM

Just returned from doctor visit. Thank God there was no big issue. He said there was just a little irritation inside. He also said the lining was thinning a little in one spot because of having the hysterectomy and loss of getting estrogen from ovaries. If I have any more spotting, he is going to prescribe some estrogen cream. Thanks Tauruslady for your support. It really means alot to know you care.
Unread 08-26-2011, 03:48 PM

Glad it wasn't anything major and you have peace of mind.

Also just my opinion but if your vaginal walls are thinning now and you don't have estrogen I would go ahead and aske them to prescribe the estrogen. I use it and it has done wonders for my vaginal health.

Also there's an interesting video in our Videos menu about vaginal estrogen keeping things healthy and potentially reducing the risk of prolapse. I think it is in the Pelvic Floor section.

I only use a 1/2 a gram 2 times a week so it isn't an every day thing.

Unread 08-27-2011, 07:27 AM

Hi Tauruslady!

I couldn't find the video menu. I have a question about the estrogen cream. Is there any side effects on the one that your are using? I've heard that you should stay away from estrogen products, if you can, because they can affect other parts of your body. Is that not right? If the side effects of the estrogen cream aren't too bad, maybe I will call the doctor or at least talk to him more about it at my annual visit coming up at the beginning of next year.

Thanks for your help.
Unread 08-27-2011, 08:28 AM

Ohio -

Here's a link to the Video menu (its under the tabs in a separate menu at the upper right) https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/vbtube.php

Vaginal estrogen stays localized and doesn't go systemic unless you have severe atropy and then a bit more of it could go systemic.

I had my hysterectomy for uterine cancer and can't take oral or transdermal estrogen, however my gyn-onc, urg-gyn and gyn all approved vaginal estrogen.

The final word is still out on overall estrogen for women, newer studies say if you start it right after menopause it has lower risks.

I hope this helps.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register