adenomyosis pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

adenomyosis pain adenomyosis pain

Unread 05-15-2006, 08:55 PM
adenomyosis pain

I'm scheduled for surgery three weeks from tomorrow, however my pain and cramping is becoming worse each day, not sure if I''ll make in until then. I was diagnosed back in March, but needed to finish the school year out - too hard to leave my class for that amount of time. What are some of the other symptoms of Adenomyosis? What can be done until my surgery date? Already tried tylenol with codeine, and it barely touches it. Exer cise, even walking bothers it even more. Any suggestions? Counting down the days, but getting even more nervous the closer it gets. Just looking for relief.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2006, 09:04 PM
adenomyosis pain

Hi debsqt,

I am so sorry you are having so much pain. I had some awful pain with adenomyosis also. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything to relieve it all the time. Occassionally the combination of Motrin and Tylenol would take the edge off, and also slow down the bleeding. You do have to be careful not to take too much motrin though, or it can have the opposite affect.

Then....there were days when nothing worked, but my Doctor wouldn't prescribe pain meds. Have you spoken with your Doctor about getting you through the school year?

I wish I had more help. I hope you feel as well as I do after your surgery.

Kay
Unread 05-15-2006, 09:07 PM
adenomyosis pain

i found that a heating pad helped me quite abit..i realize that doesnt help while you're in class but it did help me at home.l'm sorry you're hurting,i know its not a nice feeling..i hope the time passes quickly for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2006, 04:52 AM
adenomyosis pain

Naproxin (Aleve) worked better than Tylenol But to be honest, in the last months, nothing worked too well. My dd taught me a trick that help a little too. Fill a shampoo bottle with hot water and tuck it in your pants (keep them zipped for more pressure) The pressure combined with heat felt pretty good. This worked better than a heating pad.
Unread 05-16-2006, 05:13 AM
adenomyosis pain

I have found that the little self adhesive "heating pads" that they advertise for back pain, etc. can work wonders sometimes, when you are away from home and cannot use a conventional heating pad. They are not real bulky and fit easily under most clothes. They also do not get hot enough to burn you. My surgery is in 10 days, and am currently having my "final visit" from Aunt Flo. Let me tell you, it is the worst one I can remember!
Unread 05-16-2006, 01:09 PM
adenomyosis pain

I too am a teacher trying to finish out the school year! Let me tell you, I feel your pain (literally). I talked to my Doc and he prescribed neproxin (takes the edge off). I also use those self adhesive heating pads (heaven sent!). I have also dug up all of my loose skirts to wear..not having that waistband pressing into you helps. I don't know what grade you teach, I have my students doing alot of group or team activities to reinforce the lessons we have covered through the year. I let them elect a spokesperson that can come to my desk with questions or things they need me to see. This allows me to sit, where I then get report cards prepped and lesson plans buttoned up. As far as getting your room set for the end of the year, my class is full of great volunteers. Its only a few more weeks!! Hang in there!
Unread 05-16-2006, 02:57 PM
adenomyosis pain

Hi,

For me a hot bath helps actually and pain relievers.

It's hard to say which symptoms are from fibroids, endo or andenomyosis, but the bleeding is the worst! It's very heavy and clotty, sometimes like someone turned on a faucet. I also have back pain, fatigue and bloating.
Unread 05-16-2006, 04:59 PM
adenomyosis pain

I feel really dumb..you could just as easily be a student as a teacher!! Woops! If you are a teacher, Then take my advice...if you are a student...oh so sorry for the mix up!! LOL
Unread 05-16-2006, 06:00 PM
adenomyosis pain

I am teacher, wish I was a student with the end of the year coming to an end. I try sitting at my desk, but sometimes my tail bone gets too sore to stay there. My 4th grade team has been very helpful, and I know that I can soon have my students help me to pack up the classroom, also my own sons said they would come in after school is out. I sleep with a heating pad, love the baths every night, but will try the little heating pads that stick on to get through the day. Fortunately, due to an earlier ablation I have very little bleeding, just he cramping and a lot of pain, wish I could just push it all out right now. Thanks for all of your wise words of wisdom. Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register