Not to smart | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-14-2011, 05:23 AM
Not to smart

Hi Sisters I am just about 2 weeks post op. Yesterday am I lifted a big box of cans - paying the price big time. I am really really uncomfortable and in pain. I just took 10 steps backwards in my recovery. Please learn from my big mistake - please take it easy and just because you may feel like yes you can do it DONT. I have my post op dr. Appt on the 21st I may be going sooner if this does not feel better by tomorrow.
Love to all and please do not be a superwoman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2011, 06:13 AM
Re: Not to smart

Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear you took steps backwards.....some of us need to hear it over and over again....do not lift anything!!
Unread 12-14-2011, 07:56 AM

You are right...now is not the time to be

You need to rest and give yourself time to heal!! I'm sorry that you have taken a few steps back in your recovery. It seems like you definitely learned from it and won't be doing that again!! Take it easy and rest as much as you can. Hopefully you will feel better in no time!!

If you are having severe pain or have any changes in bleeding, you should for sure call your to make sure nothing is seriously wrong.

So, lie down, cuddle up in a blanket...and

Please keep us posted on how you are feeling!! Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2011, 08:48 AM

I'm so sorry & hope things get better.

I know what you mean though. I'm over 4 months post op and I had a scare last week and can't pin point exactly what I did to cause myself to spot. I only spotted for the first 3 weeks after surgery and that's it.

I called the doc and the nurse said it was "old blood". I don't believe her honestly. I don't see how "old blood" could still be up in there for over 4 freaking months and then suddenly decide to come out. I've been doing pretty much nothing for the last week and then I'm going to resume my normal "light" schedule and even try to have sex for the first time. Boy did that put a very big damper on my life last week when I spotted. I thought things were going very well. My recovery has been textbook with no complications. I haven't had any more spotting since last Wed though...........but I haven't done anything but some laundry.

I'm still going to go to the doc after the holidays just to get checked out (not supposed to go back for another 8 months for my yearly exam). I want to go now, but my co-worker is on vacation until the first of the year and I can't take off.............unless its an emergency.

So yeah ladies, please be very careful early on and even later in your recovery. You never know what might happen until you are completely healed.

(hugs)
Unread 12-14-2011, 10:47 AM

Wow, girls! I'm 2 weeks out today and I've been trying to take it easy, which is a new thing for me. I'm rather liking it . But I did go to church Sunday morning (friend drove), then drove back for a potluck party (I drove)... minimal walking. I've spent the last 2 days reclining because it set me back big time! No spotting, just pain!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register