having hyst - EKG was abnormal | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

having hyst - EKG was abnormal having hyst - EKG was abnormal

Unread 08-24-2008, 08:48 PM
having hyst - EKG was abnormal

Had pre-op 8/18/08. Ekg was abnormal. Going to have a recheck on 8/25/08. Has anyone had this happen before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2008, 10:13 PM

Me me me

My pre-op EKG was abnormal, but surgery was Oked. Then I ended up in the ER a few days later, and they did another EKG. It was also abnormal. I was sent for an echocardiogram.

Tuesday I am going in and getting a copy of the report and I will surf and see what I can figure out. I am hoping everything is fine.

I went researching on the web. What i found is that it is not uncommon to have had no signs or symptoms, and suddenly have an abnormal EKG and even echo. The most common cause is a birth defect most people never know they had, and doesn't need anything done about it, except monitored over time. If the valves are not working right, sometimes meds work. It all depends on why it was abnormal.

In researching the EKGs, there are many reasons they might read abnormal. One reason that I hate, but find to probably be true... we are women. Period, end of answer... It seems a decent number of women can have abnormal EKGs for no reason. This same amount is not reflected in the stats for men.

I would try to relax. If the abnormal result was strongly deviant from normal, I doubt they would have you wait so long to be rechecked. Something as simple as a slight movement can set it off.

I am sure it'll be ok. Let us know how it turns out....please.
Unread 08-25-2008, 08:08 AM

Thank you for that info. I have been stressing about that since the call, but I have continued to get myself ready for surgery. Thank you on the suggestions will try to relax. This is a wonderful website sometimes I stay on for hours. When I find out if everything is ok will post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Surgery Aug.27,2008, ekg ok

Dr said ekg was ok. Far as I know still on for surgery , Dr going to call today. Hope everyone that is having surgery Aug.27, all goes well. Will post when feeling better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register