Anyone no ovaries, no HRT, who lost weight and feeling good - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone no ovaries, no HRT, who lost weight and feeling good Anyone no ovaries, no HRT, who lost weight and feeling good

Unread 10-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Re: Anyone no ovaries, no HRT, who lost weight and feeling good

Anyone with advice would be greatly appreciated. I am 51. Just had a lyproscopic/vaginal hysterectomy 10/13. No ovaries left. Hoping that after 5 years of trying different HRT I can get regulated. However, national news last night had a new study that post menopausal women that take HRT have a much higher risks for breast cancer, more advanced and more deadly. So now I do not know what route to take. After several years of synthetic hormones my dr put me on the bioidentical pellets in April of this year. I also took progesterone. The weight gain has been bad. Over 20 lbs in 6 months! I have never had a weight issue in my life, so this has been hard to deal with.
Can anyone give me experienced advice on HRT or not, and since Im off the progesterone will my weight hopefully go down? This is all new to me and I need advice from someone who has been there. My dr is very HRT positive, and had blood drawn to check my hormone levels, so I know when I go back in three weeks he may suggest the pellets again.
Thanks for any good advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2010, 01:39 PM

Tam I would try to do without and see what happens. I recently went of of the patch and I feel better every day. It has only been a little over a week but I have had years of lupron and depro to find comfort and never have. Aug 20 I had my ovaries removed and colon resect due to endometriosis it is wicked stuff. Even after the surgeries I still had pain and it was due to the endo growing form the estrogen patch. Not saying things will not flare up but so far my hot flashes have been better without the hrt hoping it stays that way and if not I will seek something at that time but I am going to try to stay away as well. I heard as well they are linking it to colon cancer also they rate is not as high as breast but I do not want either. Good luck!
Unread 10-28-2010, 09:10 AM

I'm 14 weeks post op now, and I'm feeling really good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2010, 09:17 AM

I remembered an earlier posting about apple cider vinegar for hot flashes. Maybe it will help. Thank you to the syster:

"I get Bragg organic apple cider vinegar from the Vitamin Shoppe. .... "The best type of apple cider vinegar to use is one made from cold ..."
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho....php?p=3301242
Unread 11-24-2010, 05:10 PM

I've been feeling much better than I thought I would after they took my last ovary on Oct 11,2010. I had a previous hysterectomy two years earlier, but kept one ovary for hormones. Not to mention it was pretty much stuck in there and my doctor said he couldn't have taken it out if he wanted to lol. I'm 39, had severe endometriosis and pelvic adhesive disease. Things have been much better. I had a few night sweats but they have passed. I had gained A LOT of weight since I first became sick about 3 years ago. In the beginning I gained over 30 pounds in 6 weeks. In total I have gained over 70 pounds since I got sick. Nothing I would do had any effect on my weight. I would diet and exercise til the cows came home, and no luck. Every time I went to the doctors I'd weigh more and more. It was very frustrating. Since they took the last remaining ovary my weight has finally started to decrease. Just 6 pounds at my 4 week post op, but I'll take anything at this point. It seems like I'm getting smaller every day. I need to buy a scale, I threw mine away a while back because it never gave me any good news lol
Unread 11-24-2010, 07:02 PM

I just had my surgery in Sept 2010...no overies no hrt...and honestly I feel better then I did before the surgery. I am taking the GNC packet for menopause and thats it. I've started watching my diet and walking. The hot flashes come and go and I'm a little more tired then I use to be but I'm sure that will go away once I get myself moving more...
Unread 11-25-2010, 06:00 PM

I had my hysterectomy Apr 2009. I am very happy with no period every month. However, I have gained abt.7-8 lbs.& have a lot of body aches & stiffness. I am 49 & feel I'm too young to feel this way. I've been taking hrt tbe
Unread 11-25-2010, 08:41 PM

HI

I am 52 years old, and it has been 2 years since SAH/BSO, no HRT and have lost and kept off 35 pounds. I have no more pain, no more periods, and I feel great. I do have to watch what I eat, cause things can get out of control fast. So far so good. Good Luck.
Unread 11-25-2010, 09:50 PM

rose, and others who are succeeding sans hrt -- thank you for your posts. i am especially inspired by what you wrote, rose, and will take a solid look at how i may be self-inflicting some of my hormone-related problems by neglecting a proper diet. i honestly felt MUCH better the first two months post-op because i kept a strict diet. since then, i have relaxed my standards, and been in decline -- that is, increasing weight gain, lower energy, zero sex drive, foggy brain, etc. i feel miserable living like this, and desperate to turn things around.

i am learning a lot from a book i just started reading, natural hormone balance for women, by dr. uzzi reiss. but maybe i can make a big difference by going back to my healthier post-op diet... and should start there before grasping for bio-identical hormones.

i drink apple cider vinegar, btw -- braggs. good stuff, and you get used to it quick. i pour 1 T. into 8 oz water, and down it all at once, daily.

rose, thanks again for the inspiration.
Unread 11-26-2010, 06:17 PM

I had my daVinci hysterectomy on May 19, just over six months ago. Have been on the Vivelle patch since day 1. Have lost weight since surgery, about 5-10 pounds, depending on how you measure. Right before my surgery I had my last period and gained six pounds in 36 hours! At 6 weeks post op I started walking daily and soon added running on the treadmill, something I had not been able to do for years. I've been running at the gym 4-5 times a week since July. Yesterday I ran an 8k (5 miles) race at age 47! Finished it in 55 minutes! I could have never done this last year or even ten years ago. I feel great and better than ever! Not just in the weight department, but also better energy, better sex drive, etc.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register