Surgery Wed....got a cold on Friday! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Wed....got a cold on Friday! Surgery Wed....got a cold on Friday!

Unread 02-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Surgery Wed....got a cold on Friday!

I am a little concerned the Doc will cancel the surgery. I came down with a cold Friday (luckily it's just a cold...13 of 25 guests who were coming to my son's confirmation Sunday had to cancel because of flu! or other health concerns!)

I have been using Zixam to lessen the severity of this cold which seems to have helped a bit and using the neti pot to irrigate my sinuses with salt water. very sooothing once you get the hang of it.

No fever or cough just congestion....Do you think the surgery will go ahead as planned? I have worked so hard to prepare...carpools for the three kids and babsitters..meals frozen the whole nine yards....

Prayers please!

This site has been such a huge help to me for the past 10 weeks while waiting for the big day! Can't thank you all enough!

Blessings,
Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2005, 02:33 PM

call your doctor, I was sick a week before the surger, and the doctor told me to call him the day before the surgery to see how I was feeling. He did cancel me out, and rescheduled it for the next week. I was still a little under the weather the day of the surgery, but I new I felt good enough to have the surgery. I do want to tell you, I did have an internist and surgeon who checked up on me before the surgery a couple of times, a fews days before the surgery, to see how I was feeling. It's important you are healthly enough to have the surgery so you can heal without fighting a cold also.

Get better Jeanne
Unread 02-07-2005, 03:26 PM

Please call your DR. This close to surgery don't use anything, even Zicam without getting his/her ok. Although it seems safe enough there is no way of knowing if it could have an unforeseen reaction with something they will be giving you during surgery.

Although it's very difficult to be postponed it's better to be safe rather than risk complications.

Best wishes.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register