Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017 - Page 61 | Hysterectomy Recovery Reports | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017

Unread 09-20-2017, 08:13 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMelody1970 View Post
"For me eating a very low carb diet helped reduce hot flashes.If I started eating too many carbs I paid for it that night as the hot flashes would be horrible. "

THIS!!! I didn't realize it until I read it! Yes!!! Thank you for pointing that out!

I too am CRAVING salt. I have had a bowl of popcorn almost every day ALL MY OWN for weeks!

I am *finally* feeling a bit frisky. Now I feel trapped! LOL
Is all play out of the question?
Wow that is crazy I didnt realize cravings was in this thing lol!!! Play is def in the question..I got ok'd from my doc for orgasms from "OUTERCOURSE" as they call it LOL!!!! Nothing in the vajaejae yet...i go for my 6wk appt today and we shall seeeeeee!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2017, 11:37 PM

Conversation with my hubby tonight:
Hubby: let's test her out. That way if she's broke the doctor can go in and fix her.
Me: Its only been 5 weeks. Relax. I'm still healing inside ya.
Hubby: Your back to work now. Your all better now.

I guess me walking in the door, undressing, falling onto the couch, propped up with pillows, heating pad, ibuprofen pills, and moaning is ne being "all better". Men lol
Unread 09-21-2017, 12:35 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017

How funny I had my 6week appt moved up today for a little discomfort behind my belly button it was originally mon 25th. She said I healed well and made sure it wasnt a hernia or anything. A was good..inside was good & gave all clear. So me and hubby went a round a little while ago..slowly amd it went well...good ole spoon position lol...we both was nervous.. lmbo...My mind was alllllllll over the place LOL!!!!!!. So the talk afterwards...wellll how was it...how was it for u lol!!! He said it was a more snug..I said lorrrrred she cut my vajaejae short hahaha. He sait it felt good..but he could feel a difference.. to be honest.. i felt good moments here n there in between the omg's ia that the cuff,is he touching this or that lol..i read too much into it..basically when the doc giv us the all clear..JUST RELAX...I FELT SEMI LIKE A VIRGIN AGAIN...NO BLEEDING..SO THANK GOD......
Unread 09-21-2017, 06:08 AM

Yesterday was my first day back to work. I felt great all day. No naps needed. Everything that could if go wrong towards the end of my shift did. Ended up leaving 30mins past scheduled time off.

By the time I had to drive home...I was ready to rip my clothes off and drive home naked. Seriously contemplated how I could get away with it. My skin is sore to the touch. I took 2 ibuprofen and a heating pad to bed with me.

Today I am throwing on my old oversized scrubs and sweatshirt. I may look like a chocolate marshmallow but who cares.
Unread 09-21-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanya0525 View Post
Yesterday was my first day back to work. I felt great all day. No naps needed. Everything that could if go wrong towards the end of my shift did. Ended up leaving 30mins past scheduled time off.

By the time I had to drive home...I was ready to rip my clothes off and drive home naked. Seriously contemplated how I could get away with it. My skin is sore to the touch. I took 2 ibuprofen and a heating pad to bed with me.

Today I am throwing on my old oversized scrubs and sweatshirt. I may look like a chocolate marshmallow but who cares.
Lol. I can so relate !! I went back to work , Tuesday night, 12 hour shift. Scrubs are not comfortable! Tempted to wear my pajama pants next shift! And i was worn out the next day , slept all day and evening. Hope it gets better for us all soon !!
Unread 09-21-2017, 04:48 PM
Day 3: post-op total hysterectomy

Day 3

I am suprised at how well I feel. My pain is so minimal that I am using Advil for pain relief. I also have a script for Tramadol, but haven't used it.

My abdomen is a bit distended from the surgical gas, and urinating is a challenge. I have a fat upper, and lower lip, caused by intubation.

I also have a cough, and this scares me. I am holding a pillow tight against my abdomem when I cough, but I still feel a lot of pressure. I am drinking plenty of water, taking a cough supressant

I am frustrated that I am so limited, but I know that in order to heal I have to let things go.

I am so grateful for my new sisters.
Unread 09-21-2017, 05:01 PM

Hang in there sunshine it will get better each day...just look at this time as RELAX and pamper time for us. As us women do so much for EVERYBODY. Coughing and sneezing will be a challenge for a few days. Just DONT OVER DO IT WHEN YOU THINK YOU FEELING BETTER.
Unread 09-21-2017, 06:22 PM

After 5 weeks I have a New pain. I keep feeling like something sharp is poking my skin from the inside. I keep pulling up my shirt and looking. I feel its gonna poke thru my skin.

Ice pack at my desk has been AWESOME! Lunch I put my feet up in the chair and laid back. My coworkers have been awesome helping any way they can.
Unread 09-22-2017, 02:36 AM

Hi ladies!

Had my post op check up and I am happy to say that all went well. Dr is very happy and ALL restrictions have been lifted. Yay! Internal stitches have dissolved and histology is clear. Had a mild case of cervicitis and where your uterus would be the size of an egg mine was the size of an orange. Glad I can start moving forward.

Internal exam was uncomfortable but not painful. Dr also did a sonar and there are no bumps or any fluid build up etc.

So as soon as we got home hubby couldn't wait anymore lol. Did it twice lol. First time was a bit uncomfortable for me but second time was all good. Even though my mind was also all over the place. No bleeding or anything.
Unread 09-22-2017, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanyadkck View Post
Hi ladies!

Had my post op check up and I am happy to say that all went well. Dr is very happy and ALL restrictions have been lifted. Yay! Internal stitches have dissolved and histology is clear. Had a mild case of cervicitis and where your uterus would be the size of an egg mine was the size of an orange. Glad I can start moving forward.

Internal exam was uncomfortable but not painful. Dr also did a sonar and there are no bumps or any fluid build up etc.

So as soon as we got home hubby couldn't wait anymore lol. Did it twice lol. First time was a bit uncomfortable for me but second time was all good. Even though my mind was also all over the place. No bleeding or anything.
Thats fantastic Tanyadkck! After this long and tiring and what felt like endless journey, I'm sure you are so relieved.

my appointment is next week and I am really nervous, I hope I get a green signal for resuming daily life as well, as I am so done with this and I would like to move on and get on with my work and daily living now without any fear or restrictions .

However, I must say that this has been worth it and if all goes well next week. I will be relieved that I won't have to worry about the biweekly bleeding and interruptions of daily activity due to inability to move without dripping all over the floor... TMI ( I know sorry ladies) it will make all the staying at home and doing nothing for the past six weeks was worth it.

I pray for a safe and smooth recovery for all our sisters who have undergone this and are scheduled to have this procedure in the near future as well. It does get better

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register