I really think I am getting a cold!!!! - Page 3 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I really think I am getting a cold!!!! I really think I am getting a cold!!!!

Unread 09-09-2001, 04:51 AM
I really think I am getting a cold!!!!

eigma

I know the worrying of a cold is awful. SO far SO good. Touch wood. I still have another 6 days after you. A week tomorrow, holy time is flying.

going I feel awful for you. Keep thinking positive. Let us know what is happening .

To everyone else LETS stay healthy.

have a great day

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2001, 05:46 AM
I definitely have a cold

Thank goodness my surgery is almost 3 weeks away!

Cathlaur,
This is definitely NOT allergies. Both my kids have it too. My colds often turn into sinus infections or bronchitus, but I think I have plenty of time for things to run their course. The only problem might be that I have my first appointment to have my blood drawn(my Dr. wants me to bank 2 pints) on the 14th and I have to drive 2 hours each way to do it.

It will be fine. It will be fine. It will be fine.........

Cat
Unread 09-09-2001, 06:34 AM

My advice is o get under a quilt, drink a lot of water, and sweat. Definitely call your doctor and tell him/her everything you have been taking, even the vitamins. They all can have an effect on your bleeding, healing, and interaction with different meds and anesthsia. Check out also the post on this site, in the pre-op section, about effects of OTC and herbals on surgery and healing.
Also, try to imagine any bad germs in you being blown away by sheer will. It can't hurt.
If it comes to postponing your surgery, it will only be in your best interest. My surgery was postponed for other reasons, and I thought I would LOSE MY MIND!!!, but I am fine now, and a princess, and everything is okay.
Hugs,
Susan
Unread 09-09-2001, 08:08 AM

Cat

I am so sorry that you really have a cold. You have three weeks to fight it so I amsure you will be okay.

Mine is still not quite there.I go in a week tomorrow so I hope it never materializes.

Take care I am thinking of you

Unread 09-09-2001, 08:20 AM
Good thoughts

Cathlaur,

Thanks!!!

I am sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

Be well!

Cat
Unread 09-09-2001, 10:03 AM

Cath & Eiggam,
Thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes, even though I am very depressed and the tears keep coming I am still moving on as if I am having the surgery. It is hard because it may all fall apart and I won't have the surgery so I am trying to get things done but get to thinking why! They did say that I will have surgery for the left ovary but I don't want to keep having to go in for surgery you know what I mean, if they can't do it now I myswell wait.Well everyone take care and I wish the very best for our Mon.Sept. 10 sisters.
Going

P.s. I will let you know what happens tommorow?
Unread 09-09-2001, 12:15 PM

Going

you know we will support you in whatever happens.Keep thinking positive that your surgery will take place.

try to have a great evening
Unread 09-10-2001, 12:29 PM

Hi Cath and all,
I just want to let everyone know that the insurance came through and GOING is GOING and she is ready. I want to wish everyone that is going in in the next week the best of luck. Cath I wish you the best too, we may be overlapping in our surgeries so when I come back on you may be going in so keep in touch I want to know how you are. If I feel good I will come back as soon as I can Dh said I could use his laptop. Take care and see everyone on the flip side.
Going
Unread 09-10-2001, 05:02 PM

Going

I am so happy for you you must be so relieved. I cannot wait for you to get home and tell us everything,

You know I will be thinking about you all day. Take care of yourself and be well.

Your friend

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register