TAH Burning around incision | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Burning around incision Burning around incision

Unread 12-16-2011, 05:52 AM
Burning around incision

Hi,

I am 3 days post op and I have been having some burning sensations around my incision site. Is this normal. I am only taking motrin 800mg other than the burning the pain isnt that bad.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2011, 06:04 AM
Re: Burning around incision

i had same sensation but it seems more you're gonna move around it seems you'll be in more pain.the doctor told me to take all of meds he prescribed whether not i am in pain or not that way they get regulated.he said its better that way instead of trying to get intense pain to go away.may sure you're eating or at least drinking a full glass of water with the ibuprofen cause they really are hard on your stomach.good luck with your recovery you got a long road a head
Unread 12-16-2011, 06:28 AM

I had the same thing. My Dr said its the incision healing. After all, we had at least a 6 inch incision. Thats gonna hurt!
Stay on top of your pain meds. You can also use an ice pack for pain and inflammation. Hopefully it won't last long! Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2011, 08:40 AM

Yes, unfortunately! It's normal, all those nerves are reacting to being cut. Mine stings most at the ends, as if it is really angry at those areas.

Hope it starts to feel better soon.
Unread 12-16-2011, 08:42 AM

it will.then at bothends of incision will start hurting.thats normal,it your muscles healing
Unread 12-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Burning around incision

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinatas View Post
it will.then at bothends of incision will start hurting.thats normal,it your muscles healing
Thanks everyone. Im hoping to start feeling better soon.
Unread 12-20-2011, 11:53 AM

Absolutely. As you progress through your recovery the burning and pulling and stinging sensations will decrease. They may come and go for several months, but will get better with time.

Things to look for that are not "normal" healing would be increased burning, pulling, stinging....nasty smelling or looking drainage...feeling worse when you were feeling better...increased warmed or redness when things had seemed to be getting better...fever... These can be signs of infection.

Keep getting plenty of rest, off your feet more than on your feet and as many naps as you need...
Unread 12-20-2011, 12:30 PM

As everyone has said, that stinging, burning sensation is normal. Its a combination of muscle and nerve endings repairing themselves. My research findings indicate that the wound replaces old scar wound tissue etc every 12 days, and in my case I could relate the symtptoms to this.
I am 7 weeks post op (TAH) and my wound has healed perfectly, however, I am very much aware of the continuation of the internal healing process, as the area does not hurt, but is by the end of the day it is sensitive and tingly.
Just keep an eye out for infection...weeping from wound and the smell are the key indicators.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register