I feel like a monster!!! Help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I feel like a monster!!!  Help! I feel like a monster!!! Help!

Unread 05-06-2013, 02:59 PM
I feel like a monster!!! Help!

I had a hysterectomy 3 1/2 weeks ago. They took my uterus, cervix, and my left ovary. Lately, I have been mean to everyone. I have been short tempered...I have cried...I have felt like something is always wrong in my relationship...that has always been perfect. Should I be worried about anxiety? Depression?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Re: I feel like a monster!!! Help!

I Raged the day after my surgery, I called my fiancé names I've never spoken before and proceeded to throw a very expensive bottle of alcohol( didn't break the first time so I threw twice lol) the next 2 days I laid in bed and cried, I knew for sure my relationship would not survive menopause, 1 wk later we are laughing about it. I'm not a candidate for hormonal treatment, I pray u have a very understanding family!
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:38 PM

Im feeling the same way Ive been told its just hormones regulating but I have never in my life been this short tempered. I started taking vitamin B as I read it can help but there are times where I feel like I'm losing my mind I hope you feel better soon ♡ ((hugs))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2013, 04:18 PM

Hi all I no how yous feel
It's been 20 months since mine and I never no if I'm going to wake happy or sad...
My poor fiance has suffered from my mood swings but he's understanding

Sum days I love life an everybody init while other days Im horrible to the people closest to me.... And even other days I cry at the most sillyest things lol

My hysterectomy was an emergency one straight after my 1st child

My stomache still hurts but finally starting to ease which I thought would never happen...

Hoping to be a little more relaxed and happier when I sort my HRT

But just remember times a healer xxx
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:14 PM

Me too girls. I'm 4 weeks out tomorrow. Have both ovaries. Granted I'm getting better but I too never know what I will be day to day. I'm on antidepressants but that does not seem to matter. Yesterday and now today I feel so down and just want to be left alone in my room. I see my regular doc the 13th for my psych Med evaluation since I do have bipolar II. thankfully my husband and boys don't give me a problem when I want to hide. Its not self pitty its just, ugh I don't know. I should be happy, cleaning my house, looking for a better job, making peace with the bill collectors calling everyday, good wife and mom. Is this hormones wreaking havoc with my BP? Something to ask my doc. Hope you all get better quick and can get that happy dance back.
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:31 PM

I've been feeling that way too. My marriage is suffering because I snap at the littlest things & cry more than I ever have. I dont know what to do & I dont have the most understanding husband. He just yells back. I dont see my dr until the end of the month.
Unread 05-07-2013, 01:08 AM

Hello ladies, I am going through the same thing! Feel like I'm outa my tree! Trying to walk off the stress, if I need alone time I have to take it! Boyfriend trying to understand but struggling! Tai Chi (on tape at home!) also very helpful!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register