TLH cant sleep | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:39 PM
cant sleep

I'm 4 days post op and I just can't fall asleep. I'm on percocet, which I only take twice a day. In the afternoon and at night. I'm not in a lot of pain which I'm very thankful for. I kept both my ovaries. I am always hot and not tired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Re: cant sleep

I'm awake with you. Had my TAH May 17th and on Percocet too. I've heard of this medication keeping people awake just as much as it knocks them out so that could play a part in why we can't sleep. I kept both ovaries as well but often sweaty for no apparent reason. And I mean hair soaked, shirt soaked with my sweat. One of the nurses said it could be the narcotics making me sweat. I'm walking with you on this hot sweaty road for the non-sleepers. Sorry I can't offer much advice but know you are not alone.
Unread 05-21-2013, 12:00 AM

LAVH on May 10. No more narcotics but I can't sleep either. I have the opposite problem...I am freezing all the time. But the not sleeping is irritating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2013, 07:13 AM

Hi! had my TAH on May 10 and have had sleep issues from that day! even with sleep meds. I didnt realize it could be the percocet! Thanks for the heads up. Good to know Im not alone. Praying for some rest for you asap so you will feel better and stronger
Unread 05-21-2013, 07:25 AM

I had a HORRIBLE reaction to Percocet while in the hospital. It kept me up all night and I was in an awful mood. I stopped taking it as soon as I was released and started taking Motrin for pain. Doc sent me home with a rx for Vicodin too, and one day I took that and experienced the same sort of thing. I guess I can count my blessings that I will never have an addiction to prescription drugs. It's just not a good feeling. You are not alone in the Percocet reaction.
Unread 05-21-2013, 08:24 AM

Had my SAH on 5/13 and off all narcs on 5/18. Was having headaches. Things became much better after stoping Percocet. From what I have read some times the ovaries take a bit to wake up after surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register