Adenomyosis concerns -- how is it diagnosed? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis concerns -- how is it diagnosed? Adenomyosis concerns -- how is it diagnosed?

Unread 05-28-2006, 09:19 AM
Adenomyosis concerns -- how is it diagnosed?

I was wondering about the condition. I have several friends who were diagnosed with it after their hyst and I was wondering what the symptoms are, and if most of you found out before or after your surgery. I am wondering if I have the condition as well and would like to know if there is a way I can find out before my surgery. Please advise with any info you have on this condition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2006, 11:22 AM

Hi! I didn't find out that I had adenomycosis until after my surgery and I got the path report. You can go online and type the name in the search area and articles will come up full of information. I hope this helps you.
Unread 05-28-2006, 11:32 AM

Hi again - I spelled adenomyosis wrong - sorry. I hope this is the right spelling. )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2006, 03:22 PM

Hi!

Adenomyosis is one of those conditions which is generally diagnosed after surgery -- at least that is what I have read.

Also, when you have a chance, it would be great if you would update your profile to include your hysterectomy date so that we can know at a glance where you are in your journey. Thanks!
Unread 05-28-2006, 03:53 PM

I also was diagnosed after my hysterectomy. I had some of the worst cramping pains of my life that would come around the time my period should have been. The reason I didn't have periods is because I was 45 when I had an ablation so they just never came back but the cramping did. It got worse and worse so this Jan I called my gyn and we went from there.

I have read that the best cure for adenomyosis is a hysterectomy. I'm glad I had mine done. No more pain after the pain from surgery has went away. I feel so much better now.
Unread 05-29-2006, 06:02 AM

Hello! here is a link to an article on adenomyosis:
http://www.endometriosistreatment.or...enomyosis.html

I hope it helps.
Unread 05-29-2006, 09:52 AM

Hi,

Mine was diagnosed through an MRI, ultrasound and viewing my uterus and seeing it was boggy.

Some of my symptoms include very heavy and long , irregular clotty periods, spotting in between periods. Recently I feel a heaviness and achiness where my uterus is. I also feel very bloated all the time. I also have very painful cramps.

I also have fibroids, so it's hard to tell what exactly all these symptoms are from, but I think it is the adeno. Unfortunately, I don't believe there is any cure.

I haven't had a hysterectomy yet, but probably will.
Unread 05-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Hi

I found out I had Adenomyosis back in 10/2005. I started getting severe pains in my left side, I went to emergency, they performed a ultrasound. A week later, I received my results from my Doctor. I was told, my Uterus is big, with Cysts & extra tissue on it. I was then referred to a Surgeon, who wil be performing a Hyseterectomy 6/22/06. My periods are very heavy, severe cramps, I also feel like I am in labor 1/2 of the time. (also heaviness in the rear end)
Unread 05-29-2006, 02:06 PM

I was diagnosed after an ultrasound and then confirmed after I had an endometrial ablasion. I have very, very heavy painful periods, I am talking like I am in labor not to mention the large clots. Because of the bleeding I have become anemic. The Dr. said if the ablation didn't work the next step was hysterectomy. I am scheduled tomorrow. I am scared but I know in the end I won't have to go through pain every month plus I get rid of the period.

Danielle
Unread 05-29-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm having a hysterectomy on 6/22 as well!

They suspect I had adenomyosis as well. I have a lot of the same symptoms as you, that started and just kept progressing and getting worse and worse. I was also having painful sex and left ovary pain. I've tried all the options the dr's had for me and none helped, some made things just worse. My hysterectomy was scheduled for 6/22 on Friday, so I'm still trying to get use to the idea, but the prospect of the pain coming to an end is comforting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melash
I found out I had Adenomyosis back in 10/2005. I started getting severe pains in my left side, I went to emergency, they performed a ultrasound. A week later, I received my results from my Doctor. I was told, my Uterus is big, with Cysts & extra tissue on it. I was then referred to a Surgeon, who wil be performing a Hyseterectomy 6/22/06. My periods are very heavy, severe cramps, I also feel like I am in labor 1/2 of the time. (also heaviness in the rear end)

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register