Adenomyosis concerns -- how is it diagnosed? - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis concerns -- how is it diagnosed? Adenomyosis concerns -- how is it diagnosed?

Unread 05-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Adenomyosis concerns -- how is it diagnosed?

My doctor suspects I had it, but she said we won't know for sure until the pathology report comes back. The symptoms I had were an enlarged uterus, thickened endometrial lining, and constant, irregular bleeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2006, 04:38 PM
celine 97

Hi,

I hope all goes well with your surgery tomorrow. Mine was scheduled for 6/16/06, now it is scheduled for 6/22/06. I am nervous, but anxious to be getting rid of the pain & feeling like i am in labor all the time.

Take Care
Unread 05-29-2006, 07:17 PM

I have been diagnosed with Adenomyosis. I started getting sick in Jan., throwing up, nausious, almost like I was pregnant,in fact that became the joke! That turned to pain mid Mar., then I spent the first week of April in hospital with a hemoglobin of89! Tests followed:Endoscopy disproved cancer or a bleeding ulcer. Cat scan showed a small mass on my abdomen and 2 spots on my liver. This lead to a colonoscopy again showing no cancer. They sent me home and told me to see a gyn.
The vaginal ultrasound diagnosed the adenomyosis and small ovarian cysts. Quite true I have been in constant pain and am anemic. It's as bad as delivery pain! I can hardly wait for surgery June 21, a total hysterectomy.
Hang in there! I don't think it can be any worse than the waiting!

B52canadian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2006, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dayatatime
They suspect I had adenomyosis as well. I have a lot of the same symptoms as you, that started and just kept progressing and getting worse and worse. I was also having painful sex and left ovary pain. I've tried all the options the dr's had for me and none helped, some made things just worse. My hysterectomy was scheduled for 6/22 on Friday, so I'm still trying to get use to the idea, but the prospect of the pain coming to an end is comforting.

Hi there,

I guess we weill be having surgery on the same day. I hope all goes well with you. I also can't wait to this pain coming to a end.
Melash
Unread 05-31-2006, 08:04 PM
I wish 6/22 would get here NOW, not as much for the prospect of the end of pain, but

the anticipation is the worst! By the time the 22nd gets here, I'll be beyond a bundle of nerves!!
Unread 05-31-2006, 09:00 PM

After reading these and checking out the website that ILUVPURPLE suggested, I feel more at ease with knowing that you all are having the same symptoms. Best of luck to those upcoming surgeries. Deb
Unread 06-04-2006, 07:52 PM
to: 1dayatatime

I know what you mean. I'm already going crazy trying to think of & prepare frozen meals. I', getting really nervous. I'm still waiting for a call from the hospitol for my pre-op. Well take care.

Melash
Unread 06-04-2006, 07:57 PM
to: debsqt

deb:

Hi,

Yes the pain is exactly like being in labor. I can't wait until my surgery is over, but really nervous & scared. just the thought of being intubated & having to have a catheter & then not being able to do anything for awhile. oh well, I guess we have to do what we have to do. Best of luck on your surgery.

Melash
Unread 06-04-2006, 09:42 PM

I have been diagnosed with possible adenomyosis, but we won't know for certain until the uterus comes out on Tuesday.

Pain began in January and felt just like an ovarian cyst. I was sick to my stomach at times, so I feared appendicitis. I went to the ER twice in January. A CT, u/s, and xrays found nothing. Over the course of 5 mths, I had almost constant pain in that same location. Sometimes I would feel nauseated, but not always. I saw a gastro for a colonoscopy but that didn't find anything. My pelvic exam and pap smear were normal. Still pain. I was on birth control pills, but the pain was still there all during the cycle. I had a diagnostic lap which still didn't find anything.

A hyster was suggested as a last resort. I sought a second opinion from a gyno oncologist. Between the physical location of my pain and process of elimination with all the other tests, the GO said it has to be adenomyosis. He also said there is no way to 100% diagnose without removing the uterus. So, that is where I am going on Tues.

Good luck in getting some answers!
Unread 06-04-2006, 10:35 PM

Wow.. purple that is a great article, and actually this is like reading my life on paper. I have never had a doctor tell me this is possible that i have this nor have I heard of it before coming here, but I have so many of the symptoms listed there it is unreal. I am going to make sure they send my uterus for pathology when they do they hsyt on me. Thank you so much for this info~

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register