Adenomyosis concerns -- how is it diagnosed? - Page 4 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis concerns -- how is it diagnosed? Adenomyosis concerns -- how is it diagnosed?

Unread 06-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Katie, I'm right behind you!

I had my hyst on 5/26/06, due to prolapse, rectocele & cycstocele and IUD lodged on cervix and through uterine wall (I'm 43, and didn't want to deal with those problems for the rest of my life!) I never complained about the other symptoms, but definitely shared them with my OBGYN's over the years. I remember expecting labor to be worse than my monthly cramping and passing of clots, but it was only marginally worse. My hyst post-op pain was not even as bad as my period pain! Why did I have to twist my OBGYN's arm for this? I have severe scoliosis, corrected by a steel rod that was inserted surgically 20 years ago, and I have had this back/pelvic/hip paid FOREVER... until my surgery! It's all gone! And I'm only 2 weeks post-op! I can't wait to see what my pathology reports say about my uterus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcp5
Hi ! I had my suspicions confirmed that what I had was adenomyosis after my hysterectomy at my second post-op visit to my dr (they had pathology report). I had incredibly heavy bleeding for years, which were getting much worse and finally on a Tuesday at the end of January I actually hemorhaged, had to go to the ER and had an emergency hysterectomy the following day (abdominal but kept my cervix and ovaries--thanks to knowledge gained from research I had done in trying to figure out just what was wrong with me). That has been by far one of the best things that has happened to me, I have my life back where I can actually leave the house and "not leak/gush" due to having a period. Physically and emotionally I am worlds better than where I was a year ago. I hope all goes well for you and I hope that your quality of life is about to become much, much better as a result of your hysterectomy, just like mine did! Enjoy the "down time" afterwards also because even though it seems to drag, you'll be back to the norm before you know it! Good luck!

katie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Adenomyosis concerns -- how is it diagnosed?

*TMI ALERT*

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that with the brown discharge comes an unwelcoming smell. I used to get the light brown discharge about a yr ago, but now it's always a dark brown. Some months the smell is worse than others, and some months it's bearly noticeable. Oh and before anyone asks...no I don't have an infection, b/c I've had two paps this yr that have come back normal.
Unread 06-10-2006, 09:02 PM

Dear dna scientist,
Are you sure you didn't steal my story? We have travelled the same path for the past 6 months!! I see that you will still be at the castle,hope everything went well. I'm still waiting for my turn and am still suffering while I'm ovulating. Please reply when youre feeling better and if you're able. Let us know how you are, I'll be thinking of you!
P.S. chocolate has definitely replaced sex!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2006, 11:56 AM

Wow...as usual on most of these boards...I feel like I could have written any one of these posts. I never mentioned the clotting or teh brown discharge at the end to my doc but it has definitely been bothering me. I also seem to be plagued with what I keep thinking are bacterial infections (odor ), but I can't seem to get rid of them with antibiotics or prescripton gels- is that a sign of adeno or am I just really...well...infectable? Trust me, with all of my other probs these were at the bottom of the complaint list. But, I can't believe sometimes how things I just took as normal for me, are actually signs of something else. My doc diagnosed endo after my lapro, but we never discussed adeno. I have gone to the ER twice for what I thought were rupturing cysts and the "labor like pains" are something I have just come to expect. Thank you ladies...I will make sure I get my pathology report checked out.
Question...does the hyst and BSO "cure" adeno or is it something we have to worry about afterwards? will it effect other organs?
Unread 06-11-2006, 12:05 PM

OMG! I just went to the site (thank you oh so much for providing it). I started crying. I cannot believe how much of my life it just described..and the picture of the tubes withthe rupture...that is exactly what my post lapro pictures showed. I am in shock. Well, I see my doc on the 15th, and he'z got some 'splainin to do! (J/K)...once again, this site is priceless.
Unread 06-11-2006, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B52canadian
Please reply when youre feeling better and if you're able. Let us know how you are, I'll be thinking of you!
P.S. chocolate has definitely replaced sex!
I'm home now. Its 5 days post op and I feel horrible today. I'm weak, hot, just overall yucky feeling. The one bright spot is that the pesky pain I've felt since January isn't there! Yeah! They must have gotten it!
Unread 06-11-2006, 05:33 PM

Wow, that article hit home with me too. I've been wondering about adno as a possibility since my ablation in February. I'll be interested in the pathology report that comes back on me. The doctor has never suggested it, but then again, my symptoms are progressing quickly. When I had the ablation, he found three polyps which were removed wtih D&C. My first period was a breeze, but then they went back to 7 days, small clots, etc. Pain progressing and now it's exactly as indicated by adno.
Unread 06-11-2006, 08:33 PM

A quick note to ILOVEPURPLE.....thanks for the reference to the article! I sat reading it, nodding my head! Yup, yup, yup!~

My adenomyosis was diagnosed through a laporoscopy a few years ago. I am in nearly constant pain, and because of that article, now I know why! A few more weeks, and I look forward to feeling human again!
Unread 06-12-2006, 12:57 AM

I didn't find out until I saw the pathology report that I had adeno. BUT, I also had fibroids, adhesions on my colon, a proliferated endometrium & endocervicitis (whatever those last 2 are???). My symptoms were debilitating pain since about January, I couldn't reach, stretch or pull too much (alot like the recovery from hyst), I was fatigued all the time, & had to urinate about every 20 minutes. Hard to tell what my symptoms were caused by & I still haven't talked to my doctor.
Unread 06-12-2006, 04:18 PM

dna scientist!
Glad to see you're home! So there is hope that the adeno pain will be gone, it's been terrible the last couple of days Yesterday I was weepy, in pain and getting scared only 9 days to go! I started packing for the castle and getting things ready for when I get home as I'll have to stay on the main level for awhile. Hope you feel better soon at least you're on the path to recovery!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register