I'm scared for the 21st - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm scared for the 21st I'm scared for the 21st

Unread 06-16-2006, 11:20 PM
I'm scared for the 21st

Don't worry , you'll have lots of hystersister company on the 21st! Check out the calendar section! Pamper yourself this week. Do something you won't be able to do while you're recuperating! I went out for supper(seafood!) tonight with DD and Tues. I'm going for a massage thanks to my DD!Pamper the princess , thats what my hystersisters have taught me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2006, 12:38 AM
I'm scared for the 21st

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydancer06
Hi Shawn!!

My surgery is the same day as yours. I am getting anxious myself, and am trying to keep busy.

I don't know if you have the option of having and epidural for your surgery or not. That way you wouldn't have to be put out. Just a thought!!

Beth
Good luck to everyone for their ops. Its good to be scared because it means your normal. I'm almost 6 weeks post op now and it only seems like yesterday when I was crapping myself. I had the full works because I had Uterine cancer. Its all been uphill since then. I am also asthmatic. To answer Beths question about epidural. I had a spinal injection which is almost the same as epidural. It freezes you from the waist down but I also had the normal anesthetic. When I woke up I had no pain whatsoever and didnt need any morphine at all. If you get the choice go for the spinal because it was the best thing I did!
Unread 06-17-2006, 02:11 AM
21st as well

I, too, am going in on the21st, and am pretty nervous as well (Maybe thats why I am up at 3 am writing this????)
Please ask them to give you something for your nerves before surgery. It makes it sooo much more bearable(and enjoyable...if that is possible?)

Best wishes to you and to all the other lovely ladies going in this week!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2006, 06:03 AM
21st here also

I'm going in the 21st also for an LSH. I'm kind of nervous, but everyone I have talked to says that I'll feel so much better after it's all over. I'm anxious to see what ailments are cleared up after my LSH. I have a fibroid on my uterus. I don't have a lot of pain, but I do have heavy bleeding during my period. My lower back also gets tired easily, and I have to pee all the time too.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register