Is this the right choice? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is this the right choice? Is this the right choice?

Unread 06-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Is this the right choice?

Ok so I has my pre-op was yesterday and my doc had been having a really bad day...he had a few emergancy c-sections and was backed up big time! He was a little cranky to say the least. I don't know him very well so I'm not sure how to take it. He says that I didn't make it clear to him that I had severe bowel pain with my periods, which I know I did. He says my ultasounds are so perfect and clear and everything is in place and not enlarged, he feels I do not have Endo on my colon or bowels, but that I need to know that if he does find any, he can't do a bowel resection at that time, he wouldn't be prepared.

I do not want to reschedule. I'm the one who pushed for a sub-total TAH, I want him to be able to have a better look around then with just a scope. It does make my a little worried now that I should have let him look through the scope and then do my Hyst, I just don't want another surgery!!! This will make 5 in the past 9 years. I don't want to be one of those people. I don't want to be known for having "health problems". I asked my husband if he was bothered by the doc behavor yesterday and he said no, but I almost felt the doc was mad at me. I've only met with him 3 times, so I don't know what his personality is really like.

Am I just letting my nerves go to my head and I'm thinking to much or should I have done another scope and then another surgery. My belly button is just one big bumpy scar from my Gallbladder surgery and I had such a horrible recovery from that, I don't want to do it again!!! I know I need to have my uterus removed, I just want it done now!!!

I almost didn't post this...I'm afraid you will all say to cancel. I have serious pain with my periods, heavy bleeding, painful bowel movements, it hurts when my bladder is too full and really bad pain down my back and legs. All of this is only with my periods. Has anyone had this without Endo in the bowels or colin?

Sorry this is a really long post!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2006, 02:26 PM

(((BIG HUGS))) Tink, I can't give you any advice, just wanted to let you know I am praying for you and your decision!!

Beth
Unread 06-16-2006, 02:31 PM

thank you Beth! I know I'm going to have the surgery, I've waited 4 years and deap down I know I need this, i just hope I did it the right way. I do trust this doc, I asked around and there is horror stories I can find, I just don't don't want to regret my path.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2006, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2112
thank you Beth! I know I'm going to have the surgery, I've waited 4 years and deap down I know I need this, i just hope I did it the right way. I do trust this doc, I asked around and there is horror stories I can find, I just don't don't want to regret my path.
I know he wouldn't put my at risk and if he really felt I had bowle implants, he would make me wait and do more tests. I think by saying what he did, he was making sure I knew of all the possible problems. Basically he was covering his own butt...which I can understand with all the lawsuits these days.
Unread 06-16-2006, 04:10 PM

Hey Tink! I am facing my surgery a week from Tuesday, and I have cancelled it twice in the past three years....you are not alone!!! At this point, I don't want to live with the pain and discomfort I have three out of four weeks EVERY month! I have had two laps in the past; one removed endometriosis and one removed two large adhesions going from my uterus to my bladder and colon. I am with ya on the painful and uncomfortable feelings. No one can make your decision for you, but since I have joined this site, I feel completely comfortable in having mine done. Good luck with your decision, I hope it all works out for you!
Unread 06-16-2006, 04:38 PM

Hey tink.
There are other things it could be besides endo. I have horrifically painful bms during my period and just prior. I reccomend looking for the thread about adeno concerns (pre op board). It was really enlightening. My doc is fully aware of my painful bms and did not freak about needing any bowel work. I dont even have to do a bowel prep. (thank god). But, try not to panic. Have the surgery and then, after, if your pain doesnt ease up, consider bowel work. But, keep in mind, all these horrifically wonderful conditions that we all have, make themselves known in very different and strange ways. It may not be the bowel that is the prob, it just feels that way.
Take care and best wishes!Let us know how youre doin!
Unread 06-16-2006, 06:39 PM

I did read about adeno and it sounds a lot like what I have, but as usual we won't know until Monday or so. I also looked up Allen Masters Syndrome, I'm sorry you have had to go through that, I hope you find much improvement after your surgery.

Sometimes I wish we were all at the same hospital so we could be together. Next June we should all meet somewhere and celebrate our recovery...in white pants.

I'm not sure how much time I can spend on the computer this weekend, but if I don't talk to you emichal, good luck and please know I will be thinking of you!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register