pre-op | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-09-2001, 11:50 PM
pre-op

thank you all for your helpful info on sexual desire after the surgery.seems the closer i get to surgery date the more nervous and scared i get.i had a really bad day today with pain had to make a trip to the er to have them give me demerol w/ phenagrin to ease the pain and nausea 1 week left to go. and is there a chance of vaginal bleeding after a total hysterectomy.
and again i'm so glad i found this place with all you wonderful ladies its helps to know i'm not alone. but is it normal for me to not be
depressed in the least about having this surgery done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2001, 07:47 AM
pre-op

Hi!
Just wanted to let you know that I was not depressed at all about having the surgery. I knew that it was ameans to an end, no more months of bleeding, no more Lupron, and no more PAIN!!! That is not to say that I was not a nervous wreck, because I was. More so about things that may go wrong, but not about having the hyster. I am not sure if you mean bleeding like a long time after surgery or if you mean immediately post operatively. Anyway, my Dr. said to expect bleeding anywhere up to six weeks post, but it should not be heavy (more than a pad an hour), and that as time goes by it will fade to a brownish color, and then finally just go away. Also, he said that heavy bleeding means that you are overdoing it, so just listen to your body. I wish you the best of luck on the 17th and you will be in my prayers.
Unread 09-10-2001, 04:47 PM
pre-op

I was not depressed either about the hyst and the things that they would be removing. I was...just like all the others...nervous and scared of the actual being put to sleep and afraid that I wouldn't wake up. I am glad that I will not have to worry about all the pain that I have to go through each and every month for the last 10 yrs. The pain that you are having should be motivation for you that you would like to end this madness..lol. Things will be great for you. Take care and if you ever need to talk please email me.
's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2001, 05:21 PM
pre-op

Marie - Pre-op was scary for me too...but I wasn't depressed. Just worried about all the "what ifs". My surgery and recovery both went smooth...I made sure I'd taken plenty of time off work...I followed drs. orders to a "T"...I didn't compare myself to other post op women and most importantly I was patient with myself.

I had some bleeding/discharge after my tah/bso - about 10 days - but it wasn't heavy and it wasn't "bright red". I took some pads to the hospital with me and was glad I did.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register