May 28 date / Holiday weekend! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

May 28 date / Holiday weekend! May 28 date / Holiday weekend!

Unread 05-11-2004, 09:56 PM
May 28 date / Holiday weekend!

My surgery is scheduled for Friday, May 28th. I was a little surprised that they scheduled it the Friday before Memorial Day, but that didn't seem to be an issue.

Anybody else spending Memorial Day weekend at the castle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2004, 12:59 AM

Hi alemap24,

Congrats on getting such a festive date, .

Click the Link below for the May Calendar.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/calendar.php?s=

Just find your surgery date and you'll see others who may have the same. Re check it often, as, new surgeries appear everyday. Don't forget to add your surgery date to your profile too.

Best Wishes LIW Sister, be sure to hang out and read, ask and maybe share. You are always welcome here. s

Much Love,
AnnieWoof

P.S.,
Maybe you could make the nurses, who are also there on the holiday, a red, white and blue themed candy or munchie basket. Those are always fun. I did a JackoLantern, Just a thought...
Unread 05-12-2004, 01:25 AM

I had mine on July 3! On the 4, me and everbody else went to the roof and watch fireworks! It was an amazing site to see, I mean all of us draging around are IV poles and bums sticking out.LOL!!Best wishes to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2004, 04:43 AM

Hi!
I'm May 27th! Hopefully home on the Saturday. Gives DH 2 days to pamper me, as I expect him to return to work on Tues and I should be ok and in my rest/drink water/walk routine by then.

I had my D&C & hysterscopy under general anas. last July 3rd so...

I hope it rains and rains on Mem weekend up here!

Nancym
Unread 05-12-2004, 05:55 AM
Thank you!

Annie Woof - thank you for pointing me to the calendar. I knew there had to be one somewhere but I hadn't found it. (And now I see it's right up there on top!) Looks like there are 8 surgeries that day, so guess the holiday doesn't slow it down!

Good idea on the goodie basket. I was thinking about taking one, and I like the red, white & blue theme!

Thanks to you ladies who had the July 3 experiences! Appreciate all your good thoughts!
Unread 05-12-2004, 06:13 AM

I am with you on the 28th. It works out great to have it then. I will be in the hospital over the weekend then my husband only needs to take off 5 days and not 6.
Unread 05-12-2004, 11:05 AM

Hi,

I'm scheduled for the 27th so I'll be sharing that castle holiday weekend stay with you! I'm hoping to be home that Saturday or Sunday and then have Monday at home with husband and kids. Everyone goes back to work and school that Tuesday and I'm sure I'll need the quiet time.

Just think, next year on Memorial Day weekend we can look back and say wow, what a great year and I feel so much better now!

Good luck to you!
Unread 05-12-2004, 01:55 PM

I too will be having surgery on the 28th LAVH/BSO. I'll be thinking of you and everyone else making this a "Memorable Weekend".
Unread 05-12-2004, 08:24 PM

kcollier & vol.f.f. - nice to "meet" someone else who will be having surgery on my date!

I'll be thinking of you, too, and all of the other ladies who will be in the castle during our stay!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register