9 days after lavh should I still have pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 days after lavh should I still have pain 9 days after lavh should I still have pain

Unread 06-16-2010, 04:05 PM
9 days after lavh should I still have pain

Hi all

Still on the road to recovery and I think it is going well. Even though I am still experiencing pain. One of my friends who had the same operation as me LAVH with the removal of ovaries, told me today that she doesn't understand how i am still having pain when she had the same operation i did and was able to go to the movies 1 week after her surgery. I really am not trying to milk this so could someone please tell me if I am the only one that is still feeling pain. It was brought to my attention that since the Dr. did not have to cut open my stomach (meaning no stitches) and used a laproscope (only 3 holes) that I should not be having problems walking more than short distances, sitting for more than 1/2 hour, or going up and down steps because there should be no pain. Since they took everything out where would the pain be coming from. Heck I went for a short outing yesterday and was exhausted, now I feel like its all in my head. Sorry I guess I am not feeling lovely with the world right now. Not meaning to sound stupid or be sarcastic but should I be pain free by now because of the LAVH.

Unread 06-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Re: 9 days after lavh should I still have pain

hang in there. remind your friend that we are all individuals. sounds like she is a quick healer, while you are right in the middle of "typical." the important thing is for you to be a good listener to YOUR body, and get the rest you need, and ease back into life as gently as required.

my doc's advice was to "add a little bit more each day..." in other words, no need to be on someone's else's timeframe when it comes to resolving pain or regaining activities. do what's best for you.

by the way, i'm a typical healer too -- not as far along as others, but seem to be ahead of some. sharing your progress on the appropriate recovery thread may help put you in touch with women who relate to where you are; that may give you some comfort when needed.

best to you as you continue to get well...
Unread 06-16-2010, 05:25 PM

I feel like you do. I'm so glad I'm not alone. I'm frustrated when I read these stories of people who had surgery after me who are up doing stuff and I'm still taking 2-3 naps per day. I spend the majority of my day laying in bed with my feet up. I went to the doctor for 30 minutes, then come home and sleep for an hour and a half. My lower part is killing me if I sit more than about 15 minutes in a chair. I'm still taking sitz baths for itching, irritation, and burning in that area. Bms still hurt even though they're not that hard and I've gone every day since last Friday. I'm down to 1/2 a percocet once a day for pain but my pain isn't gone either. I am healthy, at a healthy weight, only 43 years old, and ran a 5k 3 weeks before surgery. I do know that I had some extra repairs. I had a rectocele and an umbilical hernia. I also know that I lost quite a bit of blood during surgery. I'm very pale and tire really easily.
I guess we all have different issues, different healing rates, and different procedures. I say that you and I are doing the smart thing by taking it easy. Let's go with that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2010, 05:50 PM

Remember no matter how your surgery was done that on the inside it is still the same. Your uterus was removed and you still have lot and lots of stitches in there. Your outside may look different, but it is still the same.

Happy healing!!!
Unread 06-16-2010, 07:59 PM

I took Aleve for 3 wks after my TVH. Everyone is different as to pain and 9 days is pretty early. Its the fact they took the organs out that hurts----ligaments were pulled, internal tissues cut----no wonder it hurts. Its nice other people had less pain but they need to understand not everyone has that experience. I'd say you're right on track.
Unread 06-16-2010, 08:04 PM

everyone heals at there own pace,, you cant rush it,,
like marshagolitley said...Remember no matter how your surgery was done that on the inside it is still the same. Your uterus was removed and you still have lot and lots of stitches in there. Your outside may look different, but it is still the same.
hope you are feeling better sooon
Unread 06-16-2010, 09:04 PM

Thanks everyone for all of the support. I don't usually have pity parties for myself and I don't know why I am allowing things to bother me I never have in the past. I do feel a lot better than I did and I agree that we all will heal differently, and I am fine with where i am in that process, this is one time I am following Drs. orders to the letter. Thank you again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register