TAH It's been a year! :) But still.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's been a year! :) But still.... It's been a year! :) But still....

Unread 10-24-2011, 09:15 PM
It's been a year! :) But still....

Wow time flies! Well, it's been a year for me and I can say thats its been great to not bleed anymore. It actually took me a little while to get used to it..almost like I was expecting it to come back.

But anyway....I still have a couple issues. For example..every month, I get cramps on one side, always my left. I was thinking it was ovulation but boy, it can be pronounced. Also, it's like my hormones have kicked into high gear. I have started back getting pimples around that time and also a lot of "wetness" like someone turned on a faucet in my nether region. And, this is embarassing, but I also have a different type of odor under my arms, very strong, but usually only when I am ovulating. I literally have to use men's roll-on to help control it (though I read that apple cider vinegar will help so I'm going to try that tomorrow).

Are any of you other ladies having these issues since surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2011, 06:35 AM
Re: It's been a year! :) But still....

Congrats on your hysterversary! Wish I was already a year out. I had a tah, and just approaching 3 months on Nov 3rd, so i can't chime in. But I was curious when you found yourself not swollen? I'm tired of looking in the mirror and seeing this gut all puffed up. Do tell!
Unread 10-25-2011, 11:31 AM

You are NOT alone!

Prior to my hysterectomy, no one ever knew if I wore deodorant or not. I rarely ever had an odor, not even much of one with hard exercise. Post hysterectomy, I now have to wear deodorant just like most people!

I have always had issues with a lot of vaginal moisture and that didn't really change with my hysterectomy. Recently it has slowed down quite a bit, but I am also almost 11 years post op.

Initially, I had more issues with acne. That seems to change for me. For awhile, I didn't have any again. The last couple months I have had more.

In my case, I had used birth control pills since I was 16 to try to help with my cycles. Apparently, the bcp's were doing more for me than I had realized! Now that it is just me and my own hormones, we don't always get along well!

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2011, 12:47 PM

gah!!! Have to wear more deodorant now cuz I get schtinky!! WOnder what is up with that? Also hair is more greasy.

Am loving that I will never ever ever bleed again. Pads are in the dumpster. oh yah!!
Congrats on one year.
Unread 10-25-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm10sne1 View Post
Congrats on your hysterversary! Wish I was already a year out. I had a tah, and just approaching 3 months on Nov 3rd, so i can't chime in. But I was curious when you found yourself not swollen? I'm tired of looking in the mirror and seeing this gut all puffed up. Do tell!
Hello Im a fluffy sister so I it wasnt too pronounced but still I couldnt button up my pants for a little while. I think though by 3rd month or so, it wasn't AS bad. I still actually have some stomach troubles that I thought was being caused by the fibroids but I think it was just exacerbating them. So I am always quite gassy and have these terrible "episodes" of (TMI) diarrhea/vomiting/pain. Wish I could tell you more lol! Hang in there though...it will pass
Unread 10-26-2011, 04:14 AM

I was just thinking about that the other day! I am just over 8 weeks out and am now on my 3rd type of deodorant trying to find one that works.
Unread 11-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Re: It's been a year! :) But still....UPDATE

Ladies...I'm going to preface this that I am not a doctor and don't know if this will work for everyone. HOWEVER...this is what I have been doing for my underarms. First, I am bathing with medicated soap for the stinky parts and then I just go over with my sweet stuff. But no sweet stuff under my arms or in my nether region. THEN...after I shower, I splash APPLE CIDER VINEGAR under my arms. From what I understand, it helps the ph balance and basically that is what causes bacteria (stink). Then after that, I put on a ladies deodorant and VOILA! no more smell. Been doing this for about a week and I'm loving life again
Unread 11-04-2011, 01:23 AM

Question! Why are people bloated? Is this only ladies that had the lap hysterectomy? I had a vaginal and I don't think im really bloated. I mean I may have been a little swollen the first day or two but all my normal clothes fit. Just wondering!
Unread 11-04-2011, 05:18 AM

Hi, for 20+ years I had a sharp stabbing pain in my right ovary that went around my side and into my spine every time I ovulated. Just before my hysterectomy my surgeon prescribed progesterone for 10 days a month and the pain stopped.
As for acne, greasy skin, swelling and smelly underarm. Yeah, I am having it all at the moment! Still early days though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register