Need a hysterectomy and very nervous :/ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need a hysterectomy and very nervous :/ Need a hysterectomy and very nervous :/

Unread 12-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Need a hysterectomy and very nervous :/

Hi! I'm Ali! A little background...

This past Oct I had a cystourothrcele repair. I'm certain I've misspelled that . My bladder and urethra were in bad shape. Since Oct I've had a ton of bladder problems- still. I have chronic urinary retention to the point I have to self-cath several times a day- first thing in the morning and anytime my bladder becomes over full. I had urodynamics done 8 days ago and discovered I have a congenital defect in my bladder that causes my chronic urinary retention.
My OB-Gyn referred me to a uro-gyn who did all this bladder testing. The uro-gyn specializes in pelvic floor trauma. Unfortunately since my surgery in oct I have now developed a rectocele that is hanging out of my vagina and my uterus is prolapsed. My cervix is so low that my vaginal canal is less than 2 inches long making sex nearly impossible. I also suffer from horrendous low back pain.
I go back to the uro-gyn on Jan 10th with my husband to discuss/schedule my hysterectomy. He said he'd also fix my rectocele at the same time.
I'm scared and nervous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Re: Need a hysterectomy and very nervous :/

Hi there, I am new here too but am going in for vaginal hysterectomy, rectocele, cystocele and enterocele repair also. My cervix is also at the vaginal opening and when my bladder is full it bulges out of my body or when I "push" for potty. I am scheduled for 02/18 but also scared and nervous. But I can't see living like this forever, having to help myself go to the bathroom with rectocele and painful sex-and I am 42. But I am terrified there will be complications worse than the symptoms. I am ok losing my uterus but the whole thing just scares me too. I guess we have to weigh the symptoms versus the risks. Scary I know- we can commiserate!! This waiting part is hard too- mind wanders to the bad parts- I have anxiety issues so this just heightens it!!

Good luck with your appt.!!
Unread 12-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Re: Need a hysterectomy and very nervous :/

Hi amb2004 to HysterSisters!

Your fears and emotions are very normal. This is a difficult surgery to face. Here is some pre-op information for you to look over.

I know this is such an overwhelming experience. It is okay to feel this way. You are not alone - never on this site! We are here for you, and will be by you side throughout this process.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register