Anyone Excited??? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone Excited??? Anyone Excited???

Unread 12-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Anyone Excited???

I too am excited to have every thing over with and the time at home to mend; but I am also very nervous about the upcomig surgery, too. Can't wait to be on the other side and help the LIW with there questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2005, 04:44 PM
Anyone Excited???

I'm the odd one here...I'm exicted about the surgery (the 19th) but NOT looking forward to the time away from work!!
I tend to be a workaholic and it stresses me out to be at home; in fact I've arranged to work from home weeks 2-3 unless I feel good enough to go back!
Unread 12-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Anyone Excited???

OMG I almost posted the very same thing yesterday but was afraid people would think I was crazy LOL! I can't wait to be away from work. I have already told my boss to expect 7 weeks off (not sure whether I am having a TAH or LAVH yet and won't know until the dr gets in there). I told my boss even if I have a VH I won't be back for atleast 3 weeks. Although I am dreading getting back into the swing of things when I do go back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Anyone Excited???

I'm also scheduled for the 19th. Can't wait till it's over. I stay home, but also have a hard time sitting around and doing nothng. I'm constantly busy afraid I' ll not recover well because I'll be up doing too much.
Mary Jo
Unread 12-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Anyone Excited???

Just wondering - since you returned to work are you still swelling late in the day? I have an office job and returned after 7 weeks off. Sitting in the chair at the computer has been a new upright position for me and causing pains below my incision which are most uncomfortable. The swelling belly still happens no matter how much I move around. It is noticable and some days are worse than others. What about you?
Unread 12-10-2005, 02:24 AM
Anyone Excited???

I am very excited about my surgery. My only nervousness is in waiting for the day. My doctor does surgery only on Wednesdays and the 14th was fully booked.
I have already pronounced January as "rest and recovery" month. Hope I can hold to it. I am placing small poster all over the house as reminders to rest and NOT LIFT A FINGER!
I know it will be hard because I am a workaholic and a nurse. I am the caregiver and not usually the receiver.
I had a lap gallbladder surgery in April and had trouble resting the few days after. I had no pain or bowel problems with it. I had to keep reminding myself that I was recovering from surgery.
The only reason I will miss work is friends. The people in my unit have been together for years. We are like family.

Good luck and God bless to all of you.

Nancy
Unread 12-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Anyone Excited???

I am looking forward to getting some scrapbooking done and I want to start a stamp pad collection so I can do my own greeting cards.

I am scared about the surgery. Once I get through that it will all be ok....plus my mother is comming to take care of me...
Unread 12-11-2005, 04:45 AM
Anyone Excited???

I'm having surgery on the 14th, LAVH/BSO, and planning to work from home (on the computer) for a month after. Am I overestimating my ability to sit at the computer for an hour or so at a time?
Unread 12-11-2005, 07:19 AM
Anyone Excited???

Hi,
This is too funny. I thought I was crazy too that I was looking forward to my time off. Was not looking forward to the surgery though. I had 8 weeks off and I loved it all! Yes, the first few weeks I couldn't do a whole lot but I loved being able to take naps and not feel guilty and relax in my recliner without a ton of stuff to do. I am usually go go go, but I was ok relaxing. I did alot really. Dusted, cleaned out cupboards, organized photos, cross stitched, crocheted, still able to care for my horses minus the heavy stuff, play with my dogs and cats etc..... I did feel guilty when I had to ask my husband for stuff, because I am not usually good at asking. I got yelled at quite a bit for not asking for help. But my time away from work was so stress free ( got paid for all of it) and relaxing. I loved it!!!! And now I am painfree and I am so glad I had my surgery!!!! Good luck to all of you! Tiffany
Unread 12-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Finally gonna rest & sit back behind the guidelines

Hi Melmaria, no, you are not weird . LoL.. I am a stay at home mom for the past 6-7 yrs & I am finally at my happiest for getting time off. I have to learn to let go so I can heal. About the healing process, well I am not to thrilled about that. I hate waiting for results. But I have to learn to seat back & watch behind the guidelines. My surgery is on the 10th of Jan,2006 . I cannot seat still I am nervous & happy at the same time, winterbreeze at her best.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register