8 days to go....very, very nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 days to go....very, very nervous 8 days to go....very, very nervous

Unread 03-06-2006, 07:45 PM
8 days to go....very, very nervous

I have tried and tried to ignore what I am about to undertake and have been extremely busy with spring cleaning.......like nesting right before you give birth....I guess knowing that I won't be able to do all the things I normally can do. Don't have enough confidence in my family to keep the house and laundry in the fashion that I do or expect; am sure we all go thru that emotion. Any suggestions on how to get thru this any easier??? I am having both bladder surgery and total hysterectomy; scared does not even begin to explain it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2006, 07:59 PM

Oh, great...I hadn't even considered this aspect of surgery...who is going to keep things neat and tidy around here??

Naturally, the best advice is to simply "let it go". Concentrate on getting well...recovering your health and spirit...the housework will always be there.

Now all I need to do is follow my own advice.

Is this what you are afraid of most? My surgery is on 3/22...and I'm scared most of the pain. I'm a big crybaby and have a very low threshold for pain. I'm scared the medication won't help.

{{{Deb}}}
Unread 03-06-2006, 09:17 PM
It's only natural

Hello, sisters:

I say this often, but it is so true. I'll never forget how terrified I was. Even keeping busy, which, by the way, is a good idea, didn't keep me from being aware ... oh, wow, just one more week ... oh, my gosh, just two days ... and on and on. But believe me, the waiting truly is the hardest part. I think you have found a wonderful place to come to, to talk about how frightened and overwhelmed you are, because no one understands like those of us who have been there, or are going through it. It will help you to keep from going slowly insane. :-) So please, keep busy, and talk, talk, talk!

Hugs,

Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!

OMG! I just read a few of the articles here. That's it. I ain't going and they can't make me.

Never having had surgery before...did I know that the patient experiences GAS?! Nope. Did not know that.

I wanna go home now. Please?
Unread 03-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Oh, yeah,

Hi,Deb,
I agree with the others. Don't sweat the small stuff like keeping house when you should be resting and walking after surgery but not lifting, vacuuming, and such.
You may be surprised at how well your family can function doing "your" tasks and it might be the perfect time for them to learn how to keep house. (I noticed in your profile, the youngest are 16. They are old enough to be great helpers.)
That said, let's move onto how to get to and through surgery.
Here's a link to a thread where several ladies discuss things that helped them:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=241364
Also, please remember that you will need to take it easy for several weeks, months after surgery.

Wishing you the best: peace that passes understanding going toward the 14th, smooth surgery and recovery.

Blessings and best regards,
Kat3
Unread 03-07-2006, 07:34 PM

Yes, I know, Victoria. Before my surgery, I read all about breathing tubes, which scared the living daylight out of me! But just think--when you come home you'll be a Princess and will deserve nothing but pampering. Believe me, sister, the waiting truly is the hardest part. Anyway, you can't go home yet, because ... because ... well, because we're all with you. You may come through, as many have before you, with very little pain or discomfort. Hang in there!

Debbie
Unread 03-07-2006, 07:53 PM

Just keep busy. I did the nesting thing too. I made a billion lists for my family as though they couldn't survive the 3 days without me. I shopped like crazy - I think we have enough tp and laundry soap to last 4 months. LOL! Waiting was so hard for me too. Hang in there. Read up on the boards, it really helps to see what others have been through and to know that soon you will be on the post op board and on your way to recovery!
Unread 03-07-2006, 07:59 PM

Deb,
I am with you sista!! My surgery is the same day as yours, 15 days away! I am starting to get a little panicky. I am going out of town this weekend with hubby for a long needed break but am even freaking about that. I hate that my inlaws will be here with the kids. ugh! My little one has started her croupy, asthma coughing. I know if I take her to the pediatrician, it will be just a cold or something but if I don't take her before I leave, she will end up really sick, It is murphys law!

Hang in there! We can sweat the small stuff together during this crazy waiting time! Hugs Raymo
Unread 03-07-2006, 08:20 PM

Debcog57,

Hey there. Your surgery date is the same as mine. Trust me, I am so feeling your anxiety. I cleaned my kitchen yesterday to the point where you could've eaten off the top of my trash can (yucky to think about I know but I bleached the tar out of that kitchen). Help me please!! Not that anything I clean right now will honestly stay clean past, oh, tomorrow, but it felt good yesterday. I've been trying to keep myself busy this week with appointments, carpet shopping, bible studies, pre-op stuff and taking the daughter to guitar lessons. The weekend is when I'll lose my mind going on the turbo cleaning spree from the depths of the earth. Monday will be so hard. I may go to the castle Tuesday with no hair since I will have ripped it all out and completely exhausted from trying to make sure the house is perfect, I've packed everything I'll need, theres enough food in the house since the kids are off for spring break, and the MIL knows where everything is since she's taking care of the kids and the house.
Hang in there sweetie. I feel your pain...so to speak.
See you on the other side of the moat.
TO THE CASTLE WE GO!!!
Unread 03-07-2006, 08:53 PM

Debcog57,
My surgery is tomorrow and I have been cleaning and getting things as much in order as possible. (Oh well, at least I tried) haha. I told my husband today, he must remember to scoop the litter box without my having to remind him, clean the burnt food off the glass top stove, vacuum at least every other day.... There's always little things that we women do (better) that make the house a home. I am just preparing myself to ignore lots of things and let it go. It will be hard for me! You'll be in thought and prayer not only for the surgery and recovery, but for the 'homemaking' adjustments as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register