Surgery tomorrow, getting anxious! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery tomorrow, getting anxious! Surgery tomorrow, getting anxious!

Unread 02-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Surgery tomorrow, getting anxious!

surgery is tomorrow,( feb. 28) I am getting anxious. I have all the housework cleaned and organized. The pantry, freezer and fridge are all stocked. I am prepared externally as well as I could be.....internally is aonther matter all together.
It is the unknown, I am having a complete(total) hysterectomy so will be in full menopause within a week I am told,
therapy or not to therapy, complications in my family from synthetic HRT years ago, to some not needing it at all, but all went through Menopause naturally. So many questions, so many different answers?????
I think what is getting me the most anxious is there is so much else going on as well this weekend( Provincial Swim Meet) ( My mom having day surgery in Ontario) and I will not be able to help out or look after what i normally look after, and to top it all off on the best of notes, I got into a fight with my youngest sister......I NEED to calm down and relax, I am trying, but my head is just swirling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2013, 09:59 AM
Re: Surgery tomorrow, getting anxious!

Hang in there. It'll be done and over with before you know it. You're almost there! See you on the other side, I wish you the best of luck.
Unread 02-27-2013, 10:53 AM

Good luck! I felt I was more stressed before surgery than after
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2013, 12:49 PM

You're the 4th Sister I've come across who is having surgery the same day as me- coincidence? I don't think so hehehe.

Either way- hang in there Hun- everyone is right- the BIG day is right around the corner and the suffrage will end but also try not to worry about menopausal effects- they can be taken care of easily and even quite possibly before they start.

Talk with your doctor after your surgery about the possibility of starting treatments a little early so that the onset will be detoured for a while. I have a few friends who had full hysterectomies and they did the same thing so that they wouldn't see the onset of menopause so early.

Just my thoughts.
Unread 02-27-2013, 01:03 PM

You are in my thoughts and prayers - it's completely understandable to be anxious. When tensions are running high, it's so easy to get into squabbles and spats. It just adds to the pressure. But you will be on the other side of the surgery soon enough and then you just take of yourself as best you can. Everything else will fall in place in due time. You're okay and you will continue to be okay!
Unread 02-27-2013, 01:55 PM

Being anxious and nervous is nervous and understandable and normal. Take a few deep breaths and try to find something to take your mind off of all that's going on. This portion will be over soon and you are going to be okay.

I pray that you have a successful surgery and an even more successful recovery

Lots of ((HUGS)) to you
Unread 02-27-2013, 05:15 PM

Thank you everyone for your support XXOO
I wish everyone who is also having surgery, to find a peaceful and calm place and we shall all recover focusing on being healthy and as beautiful as possible starting Friday!!
Unread 02-27-2013, 05:26 PM

Good luck with everything! We'll be waiting on the other side to hear how it all went.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register