Summer Sisters Unite | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Summer Sisters Unite Summer Sisters Unite

Unread 05-02-2003, 07:06 AM
Summer Sisters Unite

I've been reading alot about worries concerning trips, vacations and other summer activities. What kind of luck do we have being recruited into the sisterhood during the best time of year???

I go under the knife on June 18th for TAH--adenocarcinoma. It sees so silly that I worry most about my summer being ruined...or at least miserably uncomfortable. I live in Ohio so we wait months for the weather to lift our spirits. I have 2 weddings post-op which I have to sport a bridesmaids dress at. I love to golf and don't even want to hit the course pre-op bcause I don't want the taste to linger post-op. I can't even imagine putting on a swimsuit with swelly belly. Not to mention hiking, tennis, frisbee, long picnics, the 4th of july.....*sigh*.

Do you feel my pain? Anyone else need to vent about the fate of their summer?

Love, Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2003, 07:20 AM
Hi Auntjuju

Just a note to say Monday is my day and I also feel like summer will be here and gone and I will not get to enjoy it. We have a pool and I have heard swimming is out for about 6 weeks. At least for me that means mid June. Not too bad, but June seems to be our best month. Grandchildren will be here swimming and BBQ'ing and I will be somewhat laid up. Hope recovery will be quick, but I do not presume that I will be right back at it (so to speak) that quick. We also bought last fall season's passes to Canada's Wonderland (amusement park) and rides will be out of the question this year I'm sure. The only good thing is that I should be in great shape before our annual trip in the fall to the Caribbean.
Hope and wishes for all sisters for next week's surgeries. We will be on the other side soon.
Unread 05-02-2003, 07:46 AM
Summer Sisters Unite

Hi Julie, I understand how you feel about losing your summer. Last May I went in for a routine pap. My dr found cervical polyps. In June I had surgery to remove it. He found precancerous uterine tumors. In July I had tah/bso ( it was benign ). But - there went the entire summer!
My advice to you is to have as much fun as you can before your hyst and think of it while you're recovering after.
And it is very important to follow your dr's orders completely so you do heal properly.
You're very young and you'll have lots more summers to enjoy. Think of how much fun you'll have after you're healed and done with all this!
s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2003, 08:32 AM
Summer Sisters Unite

I must admit, I am whining about missing the summer too. In the north, our summer is short and it comes and goes too fast. My surgery is scheduled for June 2, and hopefully I'll be well for a mid-July vacation. Oh well, it could be worse
Unread 05-02-2003, 08:37 AM
Summer Sisters Unite

I was bummed too about missing out on summer fun since my sister is getting a pool this year. I asked my dr. and he said after 2 weeks post-op I could take a dip just to get cooled off! He said I shouldn't stay in long because you know how skin puckers if it's in water too long, I wouldn't want that to happen to my incision! I can live with that...
Have fun as best you can and good luck,
Kim
Unread 05-02-2003, 09:03 AM
Summer Sisters Unite

Yes I am laminting my summer, although in Ireland we never know if we will have a summer or not, but I will be out of action for my wedding anniversary, my op is on June 6th so I am missing one of the best weekends in Ireland, I will be missing a very good friends wedding on June 7th (but at least I will be spared what to wear for this one), and I will hopefully be in recovery for my birthday on July 1st.

we HS will stick together and we will have a heck of a summer yet.

Regards
Marie
Unread 05-02-2003, 09:20 AM
summer

I feel your pain! I am scheduled for TAB/BSO/APPY 5/29...
But, with being a full time working mom, I am actually looking forward
to being home with the kids (ages 10 & 6)
We are going to do all the fun things that I/WE have missed out on...and still recover in a
calm environment...
Sleeping late, afternoon naps, catching up on movies, letting the kids play in the sprinkler, reading books, crafts, more naps, relaxed walks.
I know I won't feel 100% during this time & have explained this to the kids...it's also a time for them to grow up & also help out more around the house.
If the kids are out playing, I plan to grab a book, curl up on my porch swing & enjoy life!
Just remember...if will all be worth it!
Try not to get depressed about missing out on the summer-----remember---if life gives you LEMONS-------Make Lemonade!!
Unread 05-02-2003, 09:02 PM
Summer Sisters Unite

Well, I can certainly think of WORSE times! I'd hate to be having my surgery in Oct/Nov/Dec timeframe. January might be okay if my b-day wasn't in February and hubby's in March. Besides, March and April are the best times of the year for us to travel (aside from spring break). I suppose I could have had my surgery in August but that would have meant suffering all summer and I don't want to do that. With the bleeding it isn't like I can enjoy swimming anyway.

In my case, I have a very narrow window of opportunity to do this. We know some children who are in foster care and we're working at becoming their guardians. We'll know the outcome sometimes in June (fingers are crossed). I want this surgery over so they don't have to deal with me being sick.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register