Surgery soon | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Surgery soon

My day is coming fast (Wednesday) and I think I have everything ready. DH is ready to help. We talked about it and I need to be appreciative of everything he does (even if it's not exactly like I would have done it.) I can be a bit critical at times. I'm doing my best to look at it like a little break from everything. I got some books to read and have some things I can sort through on the couch while I catch up on "Desparate Housewives." My mom will come help for a couple of days and I have friends who will look in on us to see if we need anything. Let me know if I'm missing anything. I also have everything lined out at work so I don't have to worry about it. Wish me luck.

Later-dkrsport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Surgery soon

Ah, you will do great. The first step was admitting that the place will not be the way you would keep it and that you are okay with that.

My house remained fine, as I live alone, so I was the only one who could mess it up. LOL!

Well, okay, my cats can too, but they did have humans scooping after them.

I had an LSH, so I was back up and moving fairly soon. I did rest for the first four days in my bedroom...never even made an attempt to go downstairs....I figured, why do that, if others will bring food up to me. Hee hee! Seriously, I had family members bringing me breakfast, lunch and dinner the first 3 nights at home. I ventured down to my kitchen on day four. Day five was my birthday, so again, no need to worry about food. No need this year either as I spent my birthday in Italy. Oh darn!
Unread 10-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Surgery soon

dkrsport, I'll bet that if you had to take over your husband's job for a couple of weeks, he'd be critical of how YOU were handling things! LOL! The important thing to remember is that no one is going to forever scarred if things are done to your high standard. And then let it go. Your healing is faaaar more important than having clean socks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Surgery soon

I would recommend having some comfort food on hand for when you are ready to eat. I craved oatmeal and peanut butter sandwiches (not at the same time, though). Both were easy for me or hubbie to fix.

I'm saying a prayer for you right now that you will have peace during your surgery and recovery.
Unread 10-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Surgery soon

I love, love, love to read and really had no motivation to pick up a book for several days after my surgery. The anesthesia makes you woosy for a few days and to try and focus on a plot was just pointless. I much preferred watching movies where I could nod off and then go back or just turn it off and take a nap.

And believe me you won't even care who's doing what and how. You are just focusing on YOU and your recovery. Not to scare you or anything, but you are going through major surgery and are not exactly perky when you get out. My surgery was 9/25 and I'm just now starting to care what the place looks like, lol. But, alas, I can't bend over, reach, pick up anything heavy so instead I'm giving orders...I mean, requests, for stuff to be done.

Work and my dad/stepmom sent flowers, but my mom brought over chocolate covered cherries, spice drops (ya know, the chewy kind, and cashews. All my favorites. Was way better than the flowers.
Unread 10-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Surgery soon

I'm going in on Thursday and am also trying to get things in order . I love to read so I'm going to the library tomorrow and when I'm not up to reading I will have my 8yrs old daughter read to me . DH has put a TV in our bedroom for me . And I just made a huge batch of chicken soup and froze seving sizes for my lunch . I'm more worried about what DH will be making for my daughter .... I have a feeling she will be turned off of mini pizza's by the time I recover . Will I be able to cook by the second week ?
Unread 10-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Surgery soon

I am going in on the 8th too. Sounds like you are ready. Good luck, I will be praying for all of us!
Unread 10-07-2008, 02:25 AM
Surgery soon

I would love to have been read to!

As for cooking by the 2nd week...... I personally didn't feel up to anything other than heating things in the microwave or making toast & sandwiches until I was in week 3.

Good lucks girls,

Katy
Unread 10-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Surgery soon

I'm going in tomorrow (the 8th) as well for LAVH. I am nervous, and trying to get all the cleaning done today before I do bowel prep tonight. I'm just trying to get the house spotless today one last time for a while. Best of Luch to you all tomorrow. Let's just remember that we are in this together.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register