Surgery scheduled for 10/27 Scared and Nervous Newbie Here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery scheduled for 10/27 Scared and Nervous Newbie Here Surgery scheduled for 10/27 Scared and Nervous Newbie Here

Unread 10-08-2004, 07:41 PM
Surgery scheduled for 10/27 Scared and Nervous Newbie Here

Hello All
I am 28 years old and having a TAH on October 27th I am really scared and nervous I don't know what to expect any advice would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2004, 07:59 PM

Hi,

I don't have any advice to give, but I do know what you are going through..... I am 27 and am playing the waiting game to see if surgery is the right option for me. You are not alone
Unread 10-08-2004, 08:11 PM

Don't be scared, I know it's easier said than done. I felt the same way, I almost backed out at the last minute. This site saved me. I even had to ask my doctor for something for my nerves. I was given xanax, it really helped. I was also told to take benadryl. I went in at 6 am, went to surgery within minutes of getting there. Thank goodness. I was in surgery for 3 hours.( I was afraid I would never wake up) I felt pretty sick afterwards. I was up that night but only made it to the edge of my bed. The next day they made me get up for a shower. I still felt sick. I stayed for 4 days. Came home with a cath for 7 days. I hated that. I am still sore to this day. I over did it when I got home cuz I went to the store and started to bleed a little but bed rest cured that. I take it one day at a time. I don't regret my decision for a second. Trust me when they say take it easy, please follow that advice. I was scared up til they walked me into the OR. The post here really helped me and scared me while waiting my turn. They say not to read the post op first but I had to. So hang in there the waiting really is the hardest.
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2004, 08:13 PM

Hey there,

I dont know what type of support I can be but I am scheduled for a TAH on Oct 25th and am just as nervous but you know I am facing this as a journey and hoping that my life will get better as a result of this. I am unable to have children and its very hard to know that this surgery will be ending my hopes but you know it also ends my pain, agony and time that I cannot get on with my life.

I hope that I can be of any support u might need.

LInda
Unread 10-08-2004, 08:21 PM

Hi and

My advice to to read and research so you'll know as much as possible for what to expect. There are some excellent hints and articles in both the Pre op and Post op Articles .

I read, asked questions here and had ladies share their experiences with me. I made a list of the qusestions that I wanted to ask my dr at my pre op appointment. That way, I was pretty much prepared as what to expect by the time my surgery date was there.

Best wishes.

s
Unread 10-08-2004, 08:34 PM

Hi
Good luck with your surgery. I had surgery exactly a year ago and was terrified. I asked for something to calm me down on the morning of my surgery as I didn't think I'd make it to the hospital. Everyone was great and very helpful. I had many questions and made sure I had them all answered before my surgery date. I was home three days after surgery and up and about very quickly. You have to take things easy and not overdo things. It's amazing how quickly you heal.
Unread 10-08-2004, 08:45 PM

My surgery date is the 22nd. I can't believe how soon that is now. I am scared too. I should be preparing for it.
Unread 10-08-2004, 08:56 PM

thanks to everyone who has replied to my post

I appreciate all the support and thank this site it is truly amazing

Unread 10-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Im with you

I am 29 and my surgery is tentively scheduled for the 15 of Oct. I am ready to do this just nervous. Feel free to email me I would love to chat.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register