So worried. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-03-2009, 04:54 PM
So worried.

Hello everyone. I am new on here and a little scared. I am going under the 14th of December. I am having an abdominal cut, uterus, tubes and overies removed. I have some very large tumors in my uterus and on my overies. I was told I will be in hospital 4 to 5 days. I am alone with 4 dogs, 4 cats and 2 sugar glidders...LOL. They are my babies. My husband is in Iraq so I was be alone. I sure hope I can do this. I have no clue what to except. I have had 3 c-sections though. So I am hoping in won't be worse then that. Because that was bad enough as I recall. I am not sure what to expect at all. My doctor said it will be 6 to 8 weeks til I have a full recovery as long as everything goes well and nothing else is found. He is hoping to save the left overy though. But the right one is gone for sure. And he plains on leaving my cervix. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Re: So worried.

Hi. I had everything removed as well and yes, you will need the full 6-8 weeks to recover. Try to take 8 if you can.

I hope you can ask some friends or neighbors to come help you a little when you get home. You might still be in some pain and have a hard time getting around. It would be nice for someone to check in on you at least.

Best wishes to you. By the way, my surgery went perfectly, no complications!!! I hope yours does too!

Best wishes.:xmashug4:
Unread 12-03-2009, 05:32 PM

I have had a full hysto. Prior to it i had my right ovary and right tube removed. It wasn't too bad. If you have had 3 c sections, it's very similar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2009, 07:21 PM

I had a full hysterectomy with BSO. I know I needed help afterwards so maybe you can get some help from friends. My friends and co-workers were more than happy to help me in my recovery. Let them know and I bet you will find someone. I also have several animals and that was a big worry for me but I was able to find someone to help. My mom lives with me but was ill with the flu so we really had to scramble at times. It was really pathetic, me recovering from surgery and her with the flu. We were quite a pair. It did work out though so one thing I learned was to ask for help. Good luck. We are all here for you. I am sending you lots of hugs and best wishes. I am sure it will all work out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register