Will they cancel for a head cold? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will they cancel for a head cold? Will they cancel for a head cold?

Unread 11-05-2013, 06:00 AM
Will they cancel for a head cold?

My surgery is this Friday. I'm getting a head cold! Nothing major, sore throat is really the worst of it. Will they cancel or postpone the surgery??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Re: Will they cancel?

I would think they would because you will need all your energy to heal post-op. I would suggest you go to your local pharmacy and get Vitamin D and start taking 2 or 3 1,000iu tabs a day and also some Vitamin C. People think Vitamin C boosts your immunity, but it doesn't, it just shortens the duration of your cold. Vitamin D is the immune boosting vitamin, so I started taking it about a week ago hoping I won't get sick before my surgery on the 22nd. So far, I've managed to not get strep and several other colds that 3 people in my household have managed to bring home. Good luck!!! Hopefully it will pass! If it were me, I wouldn't mention it to the doc unless I still felt crappy the day before surgery.
Unread 11-05-2013, 10:05 PM

You need to give your doctor a call as soon as possible. He/she may be able to give you something for it. Be careful taking any meds or supplements this close to surgery. Some doctors don't want their patients to take any supplements/vitamins for up to 2 weeks prior to surgery. In the meantime, drink plenty of fluids and try some chicken soup. I hope you feel better soon!

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2013, 10:11 PM

Gargle and do sinus rinse with salt water. It's natural, so no meds. Wal-Mart sells a kit to do the rinse with. All doctor's are different, but I'm sure you'll not want to he congested as it would make it more difficult to recover. I think fever and congestion are two things you don't want before surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register