Odor post-LAVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Odor post-LAVH Odor post-LAVH

Unread 02-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Odor post-LAVH

Hello Hystersisters,
This is my first posting to this site. I was reccommended by a friend a few weeks ago prior to my surgery and have found the information very helpful.

I had my LAVH on 1/4/07 only my uterus and cervix were removed. The surgery went very well. We arrived at the hospital at 10:30am and I was wheeled into the surgery area at noon, then into O.R. around 12:30. My family said the surgery lasted 2-3 hours but didn't see me wheeled into my room until around 4:30.

I can rememeber my husband pushing my morphine button for me as I didn't have the energy to do so...what an amazing man! I stayed in the hospital for 2 nights just to be sure I could get around ok....2 nights was TOO long though!

The worst of my pain was over in just over a week. I had some dulling, cramping menstrual-like pain during the 3rd and 4th week but other than that I have been ready to climb mountains and run a marathon if I was in that kind of shape to do so.

I had seen my doctor for my 4 week exam and she did not do an internal exam. I was shocked! But I didn't push the issue because she said it was because I was still healing and she didn't want to disrupt the tissue from that process.

I plan to return to work in less than 2 weeks. I am more than ready, but I am also enjoying the 2 weeks that I have ALONE!

I am looking forward to what everyone is talking about...no more periods and pads.....but I do have an issue for the past 2 weeks... I believe I have had a yeast infection. Is this common after a hysterectomy? I took Monistat 1 last week but it didn't work and I still have this 'odor'. I had this odor at my check up and my doctor never said anything about it. So I am hoping someone here has experienced this too ...if not I will call my doctor up and schedule another appointment with her and by then it will be my 6 week check up and I may have he do a visual exam as well.

Thanks Hystersisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Odor post-LAVH

I had a LAVH on 10/30/06 and have not had any problems with YI ~~ I might ask your dr. about it. Glad to hear that you are getting back to normal
Unread 02-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Odor post-LAVH

I have read somewhere on this site that the smell
could be coming from internal stiches healing, try looking in checkpoints for 3 to 4 weeks it talks about that I think.. and maybe you should call and ask your Dr to make sure all is well, good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Odor post-LAVH

I had a TVH on 12/29/06. I had the smell from day 3 to 4 week c/u. I called earlier in the month and doc said bacteria will sometimes develop as the stitches heal and this causes the smell. I was showering twice a day and changing liners every time I could not stand it any longer. At my 4 week c/u (he did an internal), I asked the doc about the smell and other symptoms, pain where my ovaries are and pain and pressure before and after urination. My doc ordered urine test and it turned out to be a UTI. He gave me Keflex and about the 3rd day the discharge and the smell was gone. Just a thought. YES, definitely talk to doc. No use in going through the misery if something can be done about it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register