LAVH/BSO stiches? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH/BSO stiches? LAVH/BSO stiches?

Unread 09-07-2006, 09:04 AM
LAVH/BSO stiches?

Hi Sisters,

Something just struck me today. I have read you will have stiches in the 3 laparoscope holes, but where all do they stitch you inside???? Do they also do an episiotomy as when giving childbirth when they go up in to remove everything??

I just keep thinking of more and more questions lol.

Thanks for putting up with all my questions and for being there. You Sisters are the BEST!!!!

Wishing you all the best with everything!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2006, 11:57 AM
LAVH/BSO stiches?

Good question!! I've been wondering the very same thing and I forgot to ask the dr. about that at my pre-op. I had a whole list of questions and left them in the car!! duhhhhh!!!!! blonde moment. I actually didn't forget too many, BUT that was one of them that I did!
Unread 09-07-2006, 12:01 PM
LAVH/BSO stiches?

I have been wondering the same thing. My surgery is this Monday. Would like to know the answers to those questions as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2006, 12:32 PM
LAVH/BSO stiches?

My doc said that I'll have three small incisions (like, an inch long) on my belly. The uterus is taken out through "a small cut in the vagina." He didn't say exactly how big "small" is, but I'm thinking the uterus kinda slides out, since they cut the ligaments via lap first. Kinda gross!! I've heard NOTHING about an episiotomy (sp?) because if your uterus is too enlarged, they have to either take it out in pieces or do an open abdominal. Hope that helps!!
Unread 09-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Hmmm

That is a great question and I am scheduled for surgery in the a.m.
I am wondering too about the bleeding afterwards. My sister had hers 3 years ago and said she had no bleeding after. I was preparing to buy a "case' of pads one last time. I guess I will have to grab my Doctor before I am to out of it or give my list of questions to him as we go in...not that it will much matter then.
There are just to many things to try to remember and then more pop up.

Unread 09-07-2006, 12:44 PM
LAVH/BSO stiches?

Hi! I had a LAVH/BSO on July 6th. I have 3 small scars. Two that are on either side of my pelvis, less than 1/2" long (below your hip bones and in a little) and one small vertical scar from the belly button down, that measures about 3/4". I had a very large uterus due to fibroids (size of a 14 week pregnancy) and the doctor wasn't sure if he would be able to do the surgery vaginally or not. He did say that if the uterus was too big, that before he would do an abdominal surgery, he would try an episiotomy, as that sometimes will give just enough extra room to allow the vaginal surgery. I ended up not needing the episiotomy, and having my uterus (and cervix and ovaries) removed vaginally. Hope this info helps.
Unread 09-07-2006, 05:56 PM
LAVH/BSO stiches?

Thank you for the information. I understand more now. If my gyne can't take the uterus whole out, I will be opened up because I am dealing with a precancer situation. She does not want to cut it up in pieces to risk spreading bad cells.
Good luck to you all.
Hugs
Unread 09-07-2006, 06:18 PM
LAVH/BSO stiches?

As for the bleeding question, I woke up from surgery in my little hospital gown with an old-fashioned sanitary pad wedged between my legs (not fixed to anything!). I also had a urinary catheter, so I didn't have to get up to urinate. The next morning, they removed the catheter, and I was able to get up and urinate. At that time, the nurse checked the pad to see how much blood I'd lost (not a whole lot, less than during a regular period). I was able to put on my own panties (yeah! But I borrowed them from my mom, "grannie-panties" and a size larger than normal!) and my own pad. After that I wore the really thin pads for a couple of days (used only 1 per day) and then after that just pantiliners. I spotted the pantiliners until about 8 weeks post-surgery. Good luck tomorrow!
Unread 09-07-2006, 08:22 PM
LAVH/BSO stiches?

I wondered the same thing. I have a two year old and had an episotomy with her birth that took forever to heal...As crazy as it may be, my first thought after hearing that I would have an LAVH was that it seems like I just got that part of me "right" again!
Unread 09-07-2006, 08:35 PM
LAVH/BSO stiches?

Thanks for the bleeding info! That has been one of my problems and I am looking forward to and end to it! So is my family! I have been miserable! I am feeling anxious for tomorrow and can not sleep! But I am so ready and hopefully all will go as the Dr is exspecting it to go. I totaly trust him as he has been my Dr for years and has been through a lot with me!
Thanks again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register