new and scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new and scared new and scared

Unread 05-19-2006, 11:14 PM
new and scared

I am new and scheduled for surgery on May 30th (TAH along with ovaries, tubes and cervix) sorry not familiar with all abbreviations. I am so scared!! I had a D&C April 21st and pathology came back with complex atypical hyperplasia. I am being told we caught this early and I should be fine, but my mind is doing a number on me with all the possibilities. The worst, of course. I am trying to be positive, but I worry about making it through the surgery. I have only had a few 10 and 20 minute minor ones.Then I worry that they will find cancer that was not picked up with the D&C. Anyone with this pre hysterectomy diagnosis? How did it turn out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2006, 12:26 AM
new and scared

Hi. I'm not diagnosed with the same thing as you. But my surgery is the same day as you & I'm scared to death too. I'm sure you'll make it through surgery fine. I believe fatalities in surgery are pretty rare. I'll pray for you that they don't find cancer, but if they do....better sooner than later & you'll get through it. HUGS
Unread 05-20-2006, 01:48 AM
new and scared

First of all, welcome! You've found a wonderful place here with tons of priceless information and support all in one place; I honestly don't know where I'd be if it wasn't for this site. I didn't have cancer, but I still worried that they might find something as I had two sisters that had cervical cancer (even though it's not hereditary). When they got my path reports back, they found polyps, benign cysts, and endo in my cervix (which is rare), and although none of that means cancer might have followed, it still relieved me to know that I made the right decision in having it removed. The best part is yours was caught early as well and even if they do find something the chances are great that you'll be okay. It is completely normal to be nervous though, and my biggest fear was that I was going to die during surgery. At my pre-op though they performed all kinds of tests including an EKG which all came out fine, so they reassured me that everything would probably be fine. Anything can happen of course, and no one can predict the future, but I truly felt as the time grew nearer that I would be okay and that it wasn't my time to go. One thing I know for sure is that keeping a positive attitude makes all the difference and worrying doesn't do any good and won't change the outcome either way. Still, it's hard to tell your brain this when you're faced with something like this. What really helped me try to relax was to think ahead to how much better I'd feel when this was all over; I would finally have my life back - and I do! Good luck to you, take care of yourself and please know that you're not alone in this - you have all of US!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2006, 02:09 AM
new and scared

I've been going through the rounds of testing as you have. One of the things that has brought me the most comfort is a book called A Gynecologist's Second Opinion The Questions and Answers you need to take charge of your health by William H. Parker, M.D. In it he talks about our "stuff" from A to Z. including a great section on uterine cancer and what to expect and look for, endometriosis, and a really great section on hysterectomies and what to expect from surgery. he walks you step by step through that day. i found alot of great questions that I was able to ask my dr and even forwarded sections of the book to her for verification.

I know you're scared. It's a frightening thing that you are facing but you have a wealth of women here that wish you the absolute best and have already added you to their prayers. All of you. We will face this together and conquer it together!!

Plus, who else can we swing our hands with and laugh at all those "other women" that will have to buy pads??? We are the few, the proud, the HYSTERSISTERS!!

Be strong, realize it's okay to have emotional days, and keep everyone updated on how you are doing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register